Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biblical Date Rape
Biblical Date Rape
The story of the "Virgin" Mary is central to the Jesus myth. It does seem a lot like date rape. Young teen age girl wakes up to find herself pregnant. God never asks permission . He never even offers her the benefit of a good lucid dream roll in the hay with a positive finish. Her sexual desires and needs are not part of the scenario. Simply announces to her she is now his concubine. Krishna would have at least appeared to her in a form she most desired before he made her his Gopi. God did not even have to slip her a roofie. He is that omnipotent. All of the Cosby's of the world are in good company.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Biblical Date Rape
Indeed. It fits the criteria for rape.

But I don't know why Christians would even try to deny it, since God constantly does evil shit in the bible and he's excused every time "because he's God". So why not just say it's rape, but it's OK because it's God-rape.

Why he bothered with any of this crap I don't know. Just magic up a human. As usual, it seems like drama for the sake of it. But then Jesus' entire existence fits that description.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Did god pay Mary's dad? Think that rule was set up some years previous. Or did god the infallible break his own rule? Stupid inconsistent god!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Apparently this 'God' dude has inspired some copycats in the Christian community too. I note Pat Robertson impregnated a female outside the bounds of marriage too.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[b] the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37 For no word from God will ever fail.”

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.  (From the NIV)

With regard to the bolded part, kids take note: yes, you can pull out and come on your girl (if she's into that), but you have to be aware of pre-ejaculate. Condoms really are the way to go until you're ready to be something more than an absentee dad.

Crossless1: Promoting responsible, fun, consequence-free sex between young women and divine beings since -- oh -- about five minutes ago.
I like the 'No word of God will ever fail" part especially.

I'll go fetch some vipers and strychnine.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Hmmm .. if I could imagine having sex with some passing woman who doesn't know I exist and in the process knew that I would leave her pregnant, would I be guilty of rape? How much would I owe her dad?
(July 25, 2016 at 9:50 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Apparently this 'God' dude has inspired some copycats in the Christian community too.  I note Pat Robertson impregnated a female outside the bounds of marriage too.

Certainly seems to be a bit hit amongst them fucking mormons in Utah, too.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/shocking...d-nothing/

Quote:Rape culture continues to flourish on American college campuses. In the most recent account, four women who reported that they had been raped by the same man were ignored by the Utah State University’s Title IX office, and by the police detectives investigating the complaints in Logan, Utah.

Reporter Alex Stuckey of the Salt Lake Tribune conducted an in-depth investigation of a pattern of alleged rapes committed by an unnamed assailant. The first assault was reported in January of 2015; the fourth in December. The male student continued remained on campus until spring of 2016, when he graduated.
Here's the thing, the conception of Jesus was an A-sexual event (which is a thing in nature, look it up). God doesn't need help to create, but reason that God used Mary in this manner is that way back in Genesis he said that the woman would have a seed, I suppose that i don't have to tell you guys that only men have "seed". Jesus was the woman's seed.

The scriptures cannot be broken.

This was to fulfill the law of the kinsman redeemer. In Hebrew law, if a person lost his possessions, or sold himself into servitude, then a relative could come and buy it or him back.

Jesus is our kinsman redeemer, he came to buy back all that Adam had lost with his own blood (Jesus was neither Jew or Gentile, his blood was the creative blood of God), there for he had to be born of a woman just like we were, which makes him human and therefore related to us, if he'd just came down from heaven, then he'd have no relation to us, and that would break the scriptures.
(July 28, 2016 at 9:09 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Here's the thing, the conception of Jesus was an A-sexual event (which is a thing in nature, look it up). God doesn't need help to create, but reason that God used Mary in this manner is that way back in Genesis he said that the woman would have a seed, I suppose that i don't have to tell you guys that only men have "seed". Jesus was the woman's seed.

The scriptures cannot be broken.

This was to fulfill the law of the kinsman redeemer. In Hebrew law, if a person lost his possessions, or sold himself into servitude, then a relative could come and buy it or him back.

Jesus is our kinsman redeemer, he came to buy back all that Adam had lost with his own blood (Jesus was neither Jew or Gentile, his blood was the creative blood of God), there for he had to be born of a woman just like we were, which makes him human and therefore related to us, if he'd just came down from heaven, then he'd have no relation to us, and that would break the scriptures.

Here is the thing! God date raped Mary to get the job done. Oh , and by the way , I was born free. I need no redeemer. All any man or god can do is try and take my freedom away. So were all women born free. Why you think we are beholden to the curses and superstitions of iron aged desert nomads is beyond me. Let the dead sleep with the dead  , man. We are alive today!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rape of Dinah. Ethics of priestly class. Collective guilt Graufreud 20 2057 July 25, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Rebuke on Biblical Prophecy Narishma 12 1463 May 28, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Knowing god outside a biblical sense Foxaèr 60 10723 March 31, 2018 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 22422 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  So, what would an actual 'biblical' flood look like ?? vorlon13 64 14596 August 30, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christmas Traditions and Biblical Contradictions with Reality Mystical 30 5184 December 8, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Biblical Incest Foxaèr 35 6340 July 19, 2016 at 11:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  biblical diabetes cure brewer 30 8282 June 30, 2016 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 2754 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Pagan influences on the biblical stories of Jesus' life Panatheist 53 13320 April 11, 2016 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr