Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bible and Slavery - Kyle Butt
Video 
The Bible and Slavery - Kyle Butt
Gather round everybody and watch an apologist attempt to rebutt(lol) the accusations...

My notes:

-- 7:20 - He makes an appeal to nature argument it sounds like...
-- 8:12 - He asks how it's wrong "according to atheism" even though atheism isn't a moral code...
-- 8:50 - Says we cannot object to slavery because we don't have an objective moral standpoint... even though "objective morality" is still subjective...

I got bored after 3 notes... so I didn't get much else down...

At least I gave him a chance... unlike what some religious folks are willing to do.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: The Bible and Slavery - Kyle Butt
I'll bet the creep would object to being my slave.
Why does God need an army of apologists to go around explaining why he isn't as much of a total bastard as he plainly appears to be?

And why are their arguments always fallacy laden reams of garbage nonsense?

Trying to force primitive morality into our society is embarrassing, just stop it. It was a different time, when they thought slavery was fine. Is that so hard?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Sorry, but I'm not going to watch a 30 minute video of a guy trying to justify slavery. I'm wondering if that's what he's counting on.

At the very least, he's aptly named. He's a total ass.

Christians have to pretty much justify slavery because the bible doesn't condemn it. By not justifying it they admit that a moral code does not come solely from religious texts.
Yahweh was far too busy telling people what to wear, what to eat, and who to have sex with, than to talk about how bad slavery was. The best he could do was try to mitigate the problem, instead of actually solving it. At best Yahweh's views were only slightly more progressive than contemporary views.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(September 2, 2015 at 9:43 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Yahweh was far too busy telling people what to wear, what to eat, and who to have sex with, than to talk about how bad slavery was. The best he could do was try to mitigate the problem, instead of actually solving it. At best Yahweh's views were only slightly more progressive than contemporary views.

Yaweh: Don't any of you ever look fabulous ever and i mean it. 
Humanity: Wears mixed fabrics anyways.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Just imagine if we lived in an alternate universe where slavery wasn't abolished and the cost of slaves can be traded as a commodity on the StockExchange!
Wouldn't that be a fucking rollercoaster ride!

"Motherfucker! I'm just getting used to this Alabama weather and tomorrow I'm off to some there place they callin' Syberia?"
(Why did I just make out like the blacks are still slaves in this alternate universe as well!) hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Lol, his last name is Butt.
Teehee, he said butt
(September 3, 2015 at 10:55 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Teehee, he said butt

Now imagine his name being "Kyle Dick." It's funny because "dick" is a real name for Richard. *innocent childlike cute laugh*
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44109 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  The Immorality of God - Slavery in the Old Testament athrock 307 35947 January 31, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Why Do We Think Slavery is Evil? Rhondazvous 96 16625 July 3, 2015 at 3:24 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Slavery and eating animals Grasshopper 124 14725 February 7, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7449 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Why the Bible Doesn't Condemn Slavery Lek 73 18053 January 8, 2015 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Slavery (on Thursdays) ThePinsir 224 63254 March 9, 2014 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Christians celebrate rape, torture, slavery and genocide. Ryantology 351 206403 November 22, 2012 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Darth
  Does the Bible promote slavery? nazra7 91 30339 July 27, 2012 at 9:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Bible and slavery everythingafter 59 18431 July 19, 2011 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Epimethean