Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 7:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians celebrate rape, torture, slavery and genocide.
RE: Christians celebrate rape, torture, slavery and genocide.
(November 13, 2012 at 4:21 pm)Rhythm Wrote: "godopinesit"=/= the written word.
The OP specified a Christian viewpoint and made "The Bible, and everything in it, are indefatigable truth and must be accepted without doubt or question as factual" a mandatory given.
Quote:Hell, you won't even be able to establish that the words written about gods opinions actually have anything to do with a gods opinions...will you?
No. Neither will those who oppose those alleged opinions.

I remember the first atheist board I posted at - the now defunct Cygnus' Study. Back then, the atheists understood the idea of "If the Bible is true, then..." arguments, and didn't say "But you can't prove the Bible is true" when they were losing. Sigh...the good old days.
Quote:Now clearly, we have a difference of opinion on a couple of subjects here...and just to keep driving this spike into the rails...I bet that both you and I can elaborate upon our opinions (and why we presumably feel that the other persons opinion is ill-informed, incorrect, or just plain batshit crazy) while god remains incapable of doing so.
And to keep driving back, people can get meaningful information on someone's opinions from reading a book, even if they never meet the author.

(November 13, 2012 at 4:29 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You keep talking about the written word as though it were one and the same as what god opines. It's getting aggravating.
As noted in last response, that's a given in the OP.
Quote:Are the reasons that you find compelling for this or that required to be anything other than an opinion John?
Yes.
Quote:If your own subjective things (opinions) cannot be used as compelling reasons for this or that (at the very least..to yourself) I think you'd spend the majority o your time in a state of self imposed paralysis...staring at the wall.
I asked for clarification...things and this or that didn't help. Maybe you could provide an example since you're having trouble articulating?

(November 13, 2012 at 4:30 pm)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: John V is the same guy who said that I was making the "tautological fallacy" when I said that existence is always necessarily existent. He might as well say that married people aren't always necessarily married, squares aren't always squares, circles aren't always circles etc. 2+2 isn't always 4 apparently.
It's unbecoming to lie about my position. I made it quite clear, more than once, that the tautological fallacy is actually true, but is considered fallacious in that it doesn't add anything to the discussion. I see you're stung that an observation which you thought profound was exposed as meaningless, but if you want yet more punishment, please take it back to the original thread.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christians celebrate rape, torture, slavery and genocide. - by John V - November 13, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8189 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Rape of Dinah. Ethics of priestly class. Collective guilt Graufreud 20 2253 July 25, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Biblical Date Rape chimp3 38 7138 July 29, 2016 at 10:35 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 2906 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 32356 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The Immorality of God - Slavery in the Old Testament athrock 307 37794 January 31, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Aegon
Video The Bible and Slavery - Kyle Butt IanHulett 12 3271 September 3, 2015 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 52542 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Why Do We Think Slavery is Evil? Rhondazvous 96 17387 July 3, 2015 at 3:24 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Three Ways to Torture Demons You Haven't Heard of Yet JesusHChrist 15 4972 February 16, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13