Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 9:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do christians think god communicates with warm fuzzy feelings instead of direct verbal speach?
RE: Why do christians think god communicates with warm fuzzy feelings instead of direct verbal speach?
(December 1, 2012 at 12:02 pm)Brakeman Wrote:
(December 1, 2012 at 12:46 am)Darkstar Wrote: Exactly. Dirch himself has said that no surviving bible is 100% accurate, and that nor is any interpretation.

So every single author, editor, and translator of the bible books that claimed claimed divine inspiration was a liar, because true divine inspiration would have resulted in a 100% correct work. Not only that, every christian that read the works and claimed to "know" god through his word, and claims to know that the bible is perfect by the holy spirit orgasm they get when holding the book to their bosom is also a liar. Yep, I think DRICH and I finally agree on something..
What does it say about a man who has to twist the words of another to find validation?

(December 1, 2012 at 12:10 pm)Kousbroek Wrote:
(December 1, 2012 at 12:11 am)Drich Wrote: Now I see your problem. You believe the God who....blah .. blah .. blah ..

No i don't believe in your bullshit and you are still an idiot ( no irony or sarcasm intended, just means you are an idiot ... )

noted

(December 1, 2012 at 12:18 pm)Faith No More Wrote: That's fine, but it still does not answer the question of how you can tell the difference between what is and isn't a direction from god.
Because that explaination has aready been given. God gives a deeper understanding of what has already been written.

Quote:Of course not. If I believe that god has commanded me to kill my neighbor, and I am successful in doing so, does that mean the command truly came from god?
No because it contradicts How God has told us to treat our neighbors.

(December 1, 2012 at 3:16 pm)Darkstar Wrote: Which reminds me: when people claim god told them to kill someone because that person was the devil, why does no one believe them? I mean, isn't that consistent wi- ...oh, right...god lets Satan run amok unhindered...for some inexplicable reason...

-Or- Satan simply get the credit for things how darks our hearts are on their own. Meaning it is not Satan running amuck, it's us. We the evil that blames satan.

(December 1, 2012 at 3:40 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
Quote:god lets Satan run amok unhindered...for some inexplicable reason...

Controlling your voluntarily mindless masses is much harder if you can't keep them afraid and hateful of your opposing number. If they are not afraid of Satan and all he represents, they won't find any value in your supposed protection.

It's not like Christianity has to invent atrocities to blame on satan so as to keep people in check. These things happen because there are those of us who live outside of God's expressed will intentionally and unashamedly. As a result Evil things happen. Satan gets the blame because 'we' can not admit the truth. Bottom line bad things happen, and 'satan' is not a valid reason as to why they do. 'Satan' is a copout for those who can not admit the truth.

(December 1, 2012 at 3:59 pm)Darkstar Wrote:
(December 1, 2012 at 3:40 pm)Ryantology Wrote: If they are not afraid of Satan and all he represents, they won't find any value in your supposed protection.

Thinking Hmmm...that is true. But...it makes you wonder. Humans are supposedly corrupt from birth and can never live 'righteous' lives. So, is it Satan corrupting them, or are they naturally bad and Satan is unnecessary? (assuming Satan is the bad guy)

Considering that Satan is also responsible for that coruption (original sin) and god let him do that too, knowing how it would end...

Satan is not the 'god of evil.' Satan's stated role is deceiver, liar, temptor. He is their to identify and encourage other options (with some more agressivly than others Job verses Adam and Eve.) But as far as him being any type of lord or mini deity He lost whatever independance he had at the cross. Satan was defeated their and now is just a shadow of who he once was.

(December 2, 2012 at 3:23 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
Quote:It is Because Christ literally took upon Himself all the wrath and punishment due each one of us we are allowed to know Peace love and mercy.

Because it would be asking too much of the all-powerful if he could remit our punishments without killing someone in place of us. Y'know, because it's his fault we sin in the first place.

If by 'fault' you mean He is the reason we have choice/ablity to sin. then yes I agree. For their could not be 'choice' with out sin. Meaning if their was only God's expressed will, and everyone was in it (whether they wanted to be or not) then we would not have any choice but to be in God's expressed will. That is what sin is. It is the ablity to be outside of God's expressed will.

No sin, no Choice. So thank you God for sin, and thank you God for attoning for that sin so if I do choose to be with you my choice or ablity to choose does not disqualify me from making that choice!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do christians think god communicates with warm fuzzy feelings instead of direct verbal speach? - by Drich - December 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 14539 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4785 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty? Greatest I am 159 10176 September 10, 2020 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1751 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What do the conservative Christians here think of Professor Bart Ehrman? Jehanne 69 6297 March 8, 2019 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8177 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17886 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? Cecelia 96 11062 September 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4903 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 4182 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician