Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 10:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do christians think god communicates with warm fuzzy feelings instead of direct verbal speach?
RE: Why do christians think god communicates with warm fuzzy feelings instead of direct verbal speach?
(December 2, 2012 at 8:14 pm)Brakeman Wrote: He does. as i said it starts with feelings and matures into direction.

It's been my experience that The Holy Spirit speaks to us the whole time, we just don't know how to listen. It isn't until we learn to follow what God has told us to do, that we learn to hear/listen to the Holy Spirit.So where is the biblical support for this communication development? Moses, Peter, Paul, and the other characters in the bible did not communicate with god in this severely retarded fashion. Do you have any basis for assuming that this is how god speaks to christians now other than your own "warm feelings?"
ROFLOL are you serious?

Peter, or petra was called 'rock' by Jesus because He was Hard headed and had to learn things the hard way. He failed in his faith many times (On the storm tossed sea, when he chopped dudes ear off in the garden, before the cock crowed, at the foot of the cross) and everytime His faith left him God allowed him to sink or fall or whatever consenquence his action took the holy Spirit did not pick Him up nor correct him. When he failed he was allowed to Fall. Perhaps that is why He contributes relitivly little to the NT as a whole.

Paul was struck Blind for a time so he could see the short commings in his faith. Outside the one on one He had with Christ we do not have any example of the Holy Spirit speaking with him directly. He institued or defined Spiritual Fruit and the doctrine of Spiritual gifts, (which is what I have based my teaching one here coupled with what Christ had said on the subject.) Which you identified as 'retarded'

Quote:Furthermore, My dog can communicate better with me than your god can communicate with you. I know when he wants to stay, go out, or when he's hungry. Yet you think because you had feelings that you should stay with your wife in keeping up with your marriage vows and bowing to societal pressure that the feeling must have been a message from god.
It sounds to me that it could just as easily been a bad burrito.
That's sad. Because it sounds like you have invested more time with your dog than you have with trying to reach out to God.

Quote:How could the christian who authored the gospel of matthew have received the detail of the story and words from his divine inspirer if he could not receive any message from god any clearer than "feelings and direction?" Was he a fundamentally different type of christian than yourself?
Big Grin Matthew was one of the twelve. He witnessed what recorded.

Quote:I would like you to explain why every christian I know backs down into the same hole you do when confronted with the question of how god communicates to you.
Could you identify that hole for me?

Quote:Despite the fact that it is obvious that the bible stories could not have been relayed through the authors in such a fashion and that bible itself doesn't state god's future communication methods, you seem unable to grasp the whole of the problem.
Big Grin Do you not understand or rather have you not read the story of the talents before?
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...ersion=ERV

Mat 25:14-30

I posted that so you can see from the wrod of Christ Himself that we are not all equall bless or rather we are not all given to the same level of understanding as a Peter or Paul would have been. we are only to be faithful to what we have been given. For it is by this measure we are judged and not by the standard one perceives A Peter or a Paul to have obtained.

Quote:If god doesn't talk to you in anything but warm fuzzy feelings, then it's likely that god doesn't talk to anyone with anything different either.
Big Grin What are you talking about? When did Iu ever say this? Matter of Fact I posted a link to a direct conversation (oneway) I was apart of with a 'Messenger of God.'

Quote:If god never speaks to people directly in words now, he probably never did, and the bible is simply horseshit that the authors wanted to get others to believe for their own goals. They were con artists and you have been their flunky.
How is it you post a topic and do not read what people actually say? How can you just ignore everything that you do not agree with? Is it a failure of reading comperhension or is it intelectual dishonesty? Maybe go back and reread some of what has been said already before you pipe up again in your own thread! I can understand how a person does not read every line in a massive thread belong to someone else, but this is your mess. You are obligated to know what has been said, and as such bear a responsiablity to respond with topicial on point discussion, rather than just spouting off at what you think is going on.

I gave a very specific example Of God communicating a very Direct message to me in a way consistant with the biblical examples.

(December 3, 2012 at 5:28 pm)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: OK, I'll try and keep it simple...there is zero evidence for gods or spirits, let alone them having an ability to talk to you via the means of a voice in your head. Therefore, we can conclude that the only voice you can hear is your own inner voice, hence my comment "The only spirit that you hear is YOU". OK?
What does evidence of God look like? What can one produce that can not be explained away by someone who does not want to believe in said evidence? If you can not give an example of what you are looking for in the way of 'evidence' Then how can you say their is zero evidence? How would you know if you saw it or not?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do christians think god communicates with warm fuzzy feelings instead of direct verbal speach? - by Drich - December 3, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 14408 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Faith is Feelings zwanzig 44 4770 February 28, 2021 at 1:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Would Jesus promote punishing the innocent instead of the guilty? Greatest I am 159 10144 September 10, 2020 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1744 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What do the conservative Christians here think of Professor Bart Ehrman? Jehanne 69 6229 March 8, 2019 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8124 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17848 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? Cecelia 96 11012 September 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4892 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 4160 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician