Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 5, 2024, 6:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's say that science proves that God exists
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists
(March 1, 2013 at 4:04 pm)Drew_2013 Wrote: Atheism is by defintion not or without God. Try looking it up. And you're right I do have a lot of nerve.

Alright, fine. You've been told long enough. You believe in a giant clown who shits rainbows, and cartwheeled across the heavens to create the universe while singing showtunes with his faithful sharktopus companion, and you mock my belief system?

What's that? Misrepresentation? Do you fucking get it now?

Quote:I can offer facts that support my contention...not that it will make any difference to you, you'll still whine moan and complain because thats what atheists are trained to do. In our own solar system it is fact that life doesn't exist on the moon, life doesn't exist on Mars and may have never existed on Mars. To the best of our knowledge life doesn't and never has existed on Venus or Mercury. So even in a life permitting universe, in a solar system known to contain life it appears (from the facts) that life requires certain conditions to occur. I don't have to disprove a supposition on your part that life may occur under different circumstances. Offer evidence it did or does.

All this means is that life is rare. It certainly doesn't mean that life can exist only within your narrow band. And if you'd kept your claim reasonable we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Instead, you made an additional claim, namely that any other possibility is merely a hypothetical and thus not worth discussing. Since you're so arrogantly dismissing this out of hand, surely you must have some proof that your claim is exclusively the right one, else why on earth would you refuse to even entertain the possibility that you might be wrong?

Quote:I came to this forum to make my case in favor of theism, not to get approval of my case from advocates of atheism or to persuade them of anything. At any given time there are lurkers viewing our responses who are not convinced of either side of this debate. Those are the people who can read our debate and decide for themselves who has made the better case. So far in my opinion you are getting your head handed to you.

Oh look, another by fiat declaration with nothing backing it up...

Quote:No one has refuted the fact, they just object to it or make a hypothetical counter argument and demand I prove thier hypothetical isn't true. A hypothetical is a manufactured assumption to begin with, it doesn't need to be proven false. Of course your going to say as an atheist that any objection you raise to a line of evidence in your opinion refutes the evidence. That and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee.

Okay, I'm about to blow your tiny fucking mind: your proposed claim is a hypothetical too, by your own model. You are making an assumption- that life can only exist within a narrow band- as the hinge of your argument, yet you've been unable to prove the exclusivity of this. Which would be fine, if you then accepted the possibility that other conditions could lead to other forms of life. But you're dismissing those, which means one of two things: either you have some evidence to show that your position is the only correct one and ours cannot be, or you're an arrogant dick who thinks dismissing a claim counts as refuting it.

Multiple times in this thread you've had the flaws in your argumentation pointed out to you, and you refuse to so much as acknowledge that it's happened, all the while proclaiming victory at every turn, demanding unreasonable standards of evidence from everyone else while expecting we take you on faith, and dictating to us what we believe in order to strawman us. Put simply, your conduct thus far has been incredibly dishonest, rude, and poorly thought out. Now, either actually debate with us, which would include refuting our points instead of ignoring them, or admit that you have no evidence that yours is the only possible answer, you just don't have an answer for our valid reasoning.

Because those are the two options, here. There's no third option where you can continue asserting bullshit and ignoring any argument made against you while still maintaining credibility. Prove yourself, or admit you can't.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
Let's say that science proves that God exists - by FKHansen - February 8, 2013 at 8:53 am
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Zone - February 16, 2013 at 9:07 pm
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by genkaus - February 17, 2013 at 12:00 am
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Zone - February 8, 2013 at 1:21 pm
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Zone - February 8, 2013 at 2:51 pm
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Zone - February 8, 2013 at 4:21 pm
Re: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by fr0d0 - February 9, 2013 at 4:46 am
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Zone - February 9, 2013 at 4:53 am
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Zone - February 9, 2013 at 7:26 am
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Phish - February 9, 2013 at 8:01 am
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by fr0d0 - February 18, 2013 at 4:29 pm
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Cinjin - February 18, 2013 at 2:45 pm
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by genkaus - February 20, 2013 at 12:01 am
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by genkaus - February 20, 2013 at 11:51 pm
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by fr0d0 - February 20, 2013 at 9:00 pm
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Esquilax - February 23, 2013 at 11:44 am
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by genkaus - February 23, 2013 at 11:51 am
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Angrboda - February 22, 2013 at 10:51 pm
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Angrboda - February 23, 2013 at 11:49 pm
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Esquilax - February 24, 2013 at 12:16 am
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by genkaus - February 24, 2013 at 10:17 am
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Esquilax - February 25, 2013 at 10:20 pm
RE: Let's say that science proves that God exists - by Esquilax - March 1, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things Atheists say... Authari 26 1586 January 9, 2024 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Let's be honest Kingpin 109 7285 May 21, 2023 at 5:39 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6938 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man." Woah0 16 1571 September 22, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Is it rational for, say, Muslims to not celebrate Christmas? Duty 26 2505 January 17, 2021 at 12:05 am
Last Post: xalvador88
  God Exists brokenreflector 210 15346 June 16, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11872 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  "How do I know God exists?" - the first step to atheism Mystic 51 30698 April 23, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Before We Discuss Whether God Exists, I Have A Question Jenny A 113 16110 March 7, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: possibletarian
  Proof that God exists TheoneandonlytrueGod 203 48821 January 23, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician