Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 9:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution.
RE: creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution.
(April 16, 2013 at 7:43 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote:
(April 16, 2013 at 6:17 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: I’ll just leave this here for you Statler.

Radiometric Dating A Christian Perspective

Why are you being so intellectually lazy by linking to an article you’ve never read? Surely you know that Dr. Wiens never answers my question in that article (although he does admit that the empirically measured diffusion rates of Helium contradict the deep time model); so I will ask it again. Radiometric dating requires that the decay rate of Uranium is uniform for the entirety of Earth’s history; if it is not uniform the method is rendered useless, so how do you know the decay rate has remained uniform? I see no reason for holding that assumption and therefore I cannot accept the method as scientifically valid.

Sorry Stat but it looks you should have read the article before calling the kettle black. Doctor Wiens does address your concerns in his article starting on page 19 in the section titled Can We Really Believe the Dating Systems?. The essence of his argument is that there are basically only two variables in radiometric dating. Those variables are half life and time. The half life of the many radioactive isotopes used in radiometric dating are all different yet they all yield similar age ranges when materials are tested. That only leaves time. I don't remember you arguing anything about anyone playing with time.

Furthermore your statement, "Radiometric dating requires that the decay rate of Uranium is uniform for the entirety of Earth’s history" is incorrect. There are many methods of radiometric dating. Most of them don't require uranium. Once again, all of them yield similar results. Of course you would have know that had you bothered to read the article.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution. - by popeyespappy - April 16, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some people believe that gravity doesn't exist notimportant1234 75 10329 October 19, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another one flying in the faces of creationist - Neanderthal and Homo Sapiens had sex abaris 8 1634 June 23, 2015 at 4:39 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Tell Us Something We Didn't Know Minimalist 23 5163 September 10, 2014 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Creationist Vs Scientist On Why Human Intelligence Is Declining Gooders1002 0 1186 March 29, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  It doesn’t matter what neuroscience has to say Mudhammam 11 3653 February 9, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Understanding the Creationist Propaganda Model Michael Schubert 33 10245 July 20, 2013 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  interviewing a creationist (painful) jackman 26 11899 June 21, 2012 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: liam
  Time lapse video from the ISS - It doesn't get any better than this! orogenicman 2 1606 November 15, 2011 at 3:03 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko