Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell Us Something We Didn't Know
Tell Us Something We Didn't Know
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/09/st...ft-behind/

Quote:Study: Science and religion are not only incompatible, religious areas being left behind

Quote:Science and religion just don’t co-exist, according to a recent study by economists at Princeton University.

“Places with higher levels of religiosity have lower rates of scientific and technical innovation, as measured by patents per capita,” said Roland Bénabou, the study’s lead author, told Mother Jones.

The researchers used an economic model to explore the relationship between scientific innovation, religious faith, and government power as they formed different “regimes.”
RE: Tell Us Something We Didn't Know
Makes me think of all those poor kids being led through that fucking Creation "Museum" down south. Way to set our future up to fail guys! Way to go.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
He he, we could've told them that for nothing!
I hope they didn't waste too much money on that study!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I guess that's why many of the doctorates I knew were Christian, Jewish, Moslem, or Hindu.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(September 9, 2014 at 8:07 pm)Exian Wrote: Makes me think of all those poor kids being led through that fucking Creation "Museum" down south. Way to set our future up to fail guys! Way to go.

Great example, Beccs.
(September 9, 2014 at 8:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(September 9, 2014 at 8:07 pm)Exian Wrote: Makes me think of all those poor kids being led through that fucking Creation "Museum" down south. Way to set our future up to fail guys! Way to go.

Great example, Beccs.

Haha Oh is this something Beccs would say? Sorry, Beccs, I didn't mean to step on your territory. Big Grin
(September 9, 2014 at 8:52 pm)Exian Wrote:
(September 9, 2014 at 8:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Great example, Beccs.

Haha Oh is this something Beccs would say? Sorry, Beccs, I didn't mean to step on your territory. Big Grin

I'm awesome even when I don't realise I'm being awesome.

I suspect Min was quoting the post and saw that I'd given kudos for it and put my name instead.

However, always happy to acknowledge my utter awesomeness.

Cool Shades
Dying to live, living to die.
Gotta get new glasses......

And yes, polecat. Any asshole can get a ph.d. in jesusism or reading really silly old books. You can even buy one from a xtian diploma mill and pretend you know what the fuck you are talking about.

Was that your method?
(September 9, 2014 at 8:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Gotta get new glasses......

And yes, polecat. Any asshole can get a ph.d. in jesusism or reading really silly old books. You can even buy one from a xtian diploma mill and pretend you know what the fuck you are talking about.

Was that your method?

Kent Hovind's "ph.d" is a good example.
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 9, 2014 at 8:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Gotta get new glasses......

Was that your method?

More on the lines of medicine and aeronautics. Much better than getting your Associates....going to go back to get your Bachelors?
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something/nothing/forever and cycles. Brian37 12 997 April 2, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Something Star Trek Missed onlinebiker 44 3566 May 26, 2019 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Something to Look Forward To, Perhaps Minimalist 16 3994 May 7, 2018 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Where did science originally come from ? Something Unusual maybe ? Thomas Kelly252525 333 30667 July 9, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Think you know all there is to know about neanderthals? The Valkyrie 11 1942 May 30, 2016 at 9:17 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Why groups of people can remember something that didn't happen GrandizerII 4 1594 January 4, 2016 at 7:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Something that has been on my mind dyresand 24 3477 December 4, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Who Knows. Might Find Something. Minimalist 10 3353 October 25, 2015 at 2:51 pm
  Something to Look Forward to Minimalist 22 3541 November 12, 2014 at 3:43 pm
  creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution. justin 74 22604 April 22, 2013 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf