Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 9:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution.
RE: creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution.
(April 18, 2013 at 5:40 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Well if you’re unwilling to defend your own position

What position might that be? I'm waiting for you to support yours. I have presented none.

(April 18, 2013 at 5:40 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote:
Quote: That's quite the weighty claim. Looking only at the first sentence, you've got quite the task ahead of you:

Not really.

Quote: 1) The Biblical conceptual scheme and view of reality is logically cogent and consistent.

Yup.

So demonstrate that why this is so. Your argument hinges upon this proposition, and you've provided no justification to suppose that it is so. The soundness of your argument depends upon it. The ball is still in your court.

Quote: 2) All extant or possible non-Biblical claims are necessarily not logically cogent and consistent.

That’s not actually what I said, but you know that. I said that they always reduce to absurdity.
[/quote]

No, that is precisely what you said when you said this:

(April 16, 2013 at 5:17 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: only the Biblical conceptual scheme and view of reality is logically cogent and consistent.

Your use of 'only' implies that all others are not.

All. Not mine. Not ones with features in common with mine. All of them - extant and possible.

The rest of your TL;DR screed looked suspiciously like a smokescreen intended to distract from the basic fact that you did not provide any justification for point 1) above.

You don't get to assert point 1) and then move on as if you work were done. We can move on in this discussion once you've provided justification for that claim, otherwise, this discussion is dead on arrival.

Messages In This Thread
RE: creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution. - by Jackalope - April 18, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some people believe that gravity doesn't exist notimportant1234 75 10288 October 19, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another one flying in the faces of creationist - Neanderthal and Homo Sapiens had sex abaris 8 1610 June 23, 2015 at 4:39 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Tell Us Something We Didn't Know Minimalist 23 5145 September 10, 2014 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Creationist Vs Scientist On Why Human Intelligence Is Declining Gooders1002 0 1180 March 29, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  It doesn’t matter what neuroscience has to say Mudhammam 11 3636 February 9, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Understanding the Creationist Propaganda Model Michael Schubert 33 10179 July 20, 2013 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  interviewing a creationist (painful) jackman 26 11892 June 21, 2012 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: liam
  Time lapse video from the ISS - It doesn't get any better than this! orogenicman 2 1599 November 15, 2011 at 3:03 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko