Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 8:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A challenge about women and marriage in Islam
RE: A challenge about women and marriage in Islam
(April 20, 2013 at 6:36 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: As all of you refused to give another system, let's compare it to US laws
or give a specific example then see how it will/should be treated under different laws.

What is better for a girl at 9 that wants sex?
to marry under Islamic rules and restrictions
or to have sex with another boy (17 for example) without marriage.
Neither, both are illegal. Marriage does not redeem child molestation. It does not "make it better"

Quote:But none of them prevent a child from having sex with another child.
Actually they do (though not in the preventative, our laws are reactionary-even if they are designed to be preventative), but often when both children are of comparable age we with-hold blame, conceding that neither child is truly of age to be cognizant of a crime, making it difficult to hold either accountable. The 17-9 example offered above would not be one of thse times. A 17 year old would most likely be charged with everything the law allowed (and may even be tried as an adult-depending on the severity of the charges).

Quote:NO, People are not equal
Just think like that (If there is a God and he asked humans to worship him, then a non-follower is a criminal and should not be treated equally)
They may not be, but certainly not for that reason (though I can think of a related reason that they may not be based upon that statement) - nevertheless, whether or not they are equal doesn't tell us whether or not we should treat them as though they are. Some societies and individuals have found it useful to go ahead and go with equality - for obvious reasons. Would you object to my treating you like a sub-human based upon your comment above?

Quote:Sometimes a wife needs a disciplinary action
Sure, when she commits a crime- it doesn;t matter whether or not she's someones wife and her husband isn;t empowered to dish out the punitive action. Here, we call that assault and battery, or domestic violence.

Quote:Do you know any successful system in life that is not hierarchical?
Business, Politics, Sports, Religion, Legal all are hierarchical system where leaders/managers are on top then people follow them.
Marriage is the same, the man is the leader and his wife submit to him, it doesn't mean that she blindly obey him, there are discussions and opinions but the man leads
That is why the rate of divorce (failure) is much higher in the western countries.
Plenty actually, yes. Cooperation and lateral management have been shown time and time again to lead to better decision-making (especially in that the mistake of the one at the top does not carry all the way down to the bottom). Not that the existence of hierarchies or other forms of organization makes any case as to which is the better of any two options in any given scenario. Regardless, whether or not there is any benefit to be had from a hierarchy does not address who should be at the head. Why not submit to your wife ( I suspect that many men, muslim or not, actually do this already..and sometimes don't even realize it - pussy is a powerful negotiating tool-so long as she spreads those legs you might come out thinking that you "won"..lol)? She may be a better leader than you. I think that one reason for divorce rates being higher in western countries might be that you can actually have one without fear of being stoned to death by a mob or becoming a pariah. If divorce was as acceptable in random shithole-a,b or c as it is here we might see a huge wave of men tearfully exclaiming "I never knew she was unhappy".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: A challenge about women and marriage in Islam - by The Grand Nudger - April 20, 2013 at 8:23 am
Shocking statistics about sex - by Muslim Scholar - May 1, 2013 at 4:16 am
RE: Shocking statistics about sex - by paulpablo - May 1, 2013 at 4:23 am
RE: Shocking statistics about sex - by paulpablo - May 1, 2013 at 4:37 am
RE: Shocking statistics about sex - by paulpablo - May 1, 2013 at 4:49 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6538 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  [Quranic Reflection]: Anthropomorphism and God in Islam WinterHold 15 1646 June 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 8416 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4898 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7988 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 39941 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 999 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts WinterHold 132 27029 April 27, 2018 at 9:32 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran. Mystic 67 13944 November 20, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 7102 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic