Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 6, 2024, 1:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Jesus came back to life....what was his sacrifice?
RE: If Jesus came back to life....what was his sacrifice?
(May 5, 2013 at 11:21 pm)Drich Wrote:
(May 5, 2013 at 7:44 pm)A_Nony_Mouse Wrote: So the question for Christians is why some primitive god right out of a B movie demanded blood sacrifice and then committed suicide to make it happen.

Is this not the very definition of narcissism? Is not suicide a sin?
Is it? Do you have book Chapter and verse that says it is? 6 people in the bible committed suicide (Judges 9:54; 1 Samuel 31:4-6; 2 Samuel 17:23; 1 Kings 16:18; Matthew 27:5). even so, no where is it out right condemned by God. That said Murder is a sin, and one can argue Suicide is self murder, meaning one can find forgiveness for murder as it is not the unpardonable sin.

Fine with me. All my life I have been hearing Christians saying suicide is a sin. Now that I have you to cite as the final authority I will feel free to tell them they are wrong.

Quote:
Quote: Does this explain why he condemned himself to hell for the sin of suicide?
Can you provide book chapter and verse for this assertion as i have no idea what you are referencing

Before I look it up to find which gospel, are you really going to say you never heard of this before? Or do you intend to tell me it really does not mean what the English translation says?

Quote:
Quote:The rational mind has so many questions about the explanations which are completely and totally the invention of fallible people mostly poor educated and superstitious.

Big Grin Then why are you (someone who seems to be claiming to be educated and not superstitious) having such a hard time simply relaying what the bible actually says on the subject let alone compiling a cohearant argument on the subject that actively shows all of the fatal flaws and superstition you claim it has?

What difficulty? Belief in gods is superstitious. Nothing more needs be said anyone more than the "all but this one god" are fake people feel they have to go through all the holy books in the world and refute them line by line. Put it a different way. No one knows who wrote most of the bible and for the few good guesses in the new testament no one knows if they were reliable, upstanding people or just more Hubbard and Freud. You certainly do not.

(May 5, 2013 at 11:34 pm)catfish Wrote:
(May 5, 2013 at 7:44 pm)A_Nony_Mouse Wrote: So the question for Christians is why some primitive god right out of a B movie demanded blood sacrifice and then committed suicide to make it happen.

He didn't...

With what do you disagree? Blood sacrifice? Suicide? B movie? Please be specific.

(May 5, 2013 at 11:47 pm)Drich Wrote: [quote='Ryantology' pid='441017' dateline='1367805952']
So, tell me, why did God make it necessary for death to pay for sin?
Because He said so?!?

Someone said he said so but the question is why did the god make it that way? Free choice to do otherwise. Why the B movie touch?

(May 6, 2013 at 3:06 am)goodnews Wrote: 1 Corinthians 1:18 / For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

That is just something the con artist who wrote Corinthians said. Is that the best you have?

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Jesus came back to life....what was his sacrifice? - by A_Nony_Mouse - May 6, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 510 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1440 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 2157 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 15930 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2269 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Randomly cruising the interwebz I came accross...... downbeatplumb 1 674 April 28, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 31938 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Jesus already came (at lest for some) Fake Messiah 60 15860 July 22, 2017 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Could God's creation be like His omniscience? Whateverist 19 6118 May 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Ham Must Be Starting His Presidential Bid Minimalist 30 3911 March 4, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie