Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 2:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two excellent reasons to OPPOSE gay marriage in the UK
RE: Two excellent reasons to OPPOSE gay marriage in the UK
(May 18, 2013 at 11:04 am)ideologue08 Wrote: Hello again,
No, you’re the liar. You’re confusing same-sex marriage with equal marriage. Equal marriage means any two consenting adults can marry including mother-son or father-adopted daughter etc. The majority of Brits find that unacceptable.
Wrong again. "Equal marriage" currently only refers to same-sex marriage.

(May 18, 2013 at 11:04 am)ideologue08 Wrote: You’re correct. Traditionally in the United States, the arguments opposing interracial marriage have been identical to the current arguments opposing same-sex marriage. But this does not mean a line should be drawn somewhere. It is my opinion that this line must be drawn as it currently stands.
And you literally don't see what's wrong with that? You think it's perfectly fine to discriminate against people based on sexual orientation? Really?

(May 18, 2013 at 11:04 am)ideologue08 Wrote: Because it can. Forcing religious institutions to conduct same-sex marriage ceremonies is  a legal possibility that could be enacted as a direct result of the passing of the same-sex marriage bill.
So? You know what's much more likely? Nothing of the sort will happen. All they want is the right to marry the person they love. The location isn't the issue. There will be Churches offering wedding ceremonies to same-sex couples under the current plans. The only reason people may fight this imaginary battle of yours is if certain people get their way and the plans change to prohibit Churches from performing same sex marriages. If that happens, it'll be the Churches kicking off first.
It's fucking appalling that I could meet a man today and marry him in a fortnight whether I gave a shit about him or not, but if I had been with a woman for 10 years and loved her to death I wouldn't be allowed to marry her just because of a bunch of outdated homophobic laws which have no place in this century. It's fucking ridiculous.

(May 18, 2013 at 11:04 am)ideologue08 Wrote: So do peadophiles and mothers and sons. Paying taxes isn’t a criteria for legally judging who can or cannot marry. And speaking of taxes, the tax system underpins how an unequal and unfair secular democratic society can function; the best we can hope for.
Paedophiles have broken the law when they start a sexual relationship with a child. So has a mother if she shags her son. Not the same thing. They're not even the same as each other. Incest is a victimless crime, paedophilia isn't.

(May 18, 2013 at 11:04 am)ideologue08 Wrote: It’s not very difficult to make cheap insults at your private part as well you know Smile http://www.healthdailies.com/womens-well...n-periods/  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaginal_flatulence
Which of those was meant to be an insult? Thinking

(May 18, 2013 at 11:04 am)ideologue08 Wrote: There’s still more signatories against than for gay marriage, I think you can find the names on the website.
So? They're not even sincere.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two excellent reasons to OPPOSE gay marriage in the UK - by NoraBrimstone - May 18, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can two wrongs ever make a right? ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2923 February 8, 2017 at 2:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Age of Marriage? Janice_Spokes 50 5203 May 23, 2016 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Two Selves. Edwardo Piet 18 2164 May 6, 2016 at 5:31 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
Question Two Questions... Really The Same. ShaMan 22 4545 July 31, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Two More Questions (Again, Really The Same) BrianSoddingBoru4 12 3620 July 31, 2014 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  "God has morally sufficient reasons for permitting evil" Freedom of thought 58 17930 December 27, 2013 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Freedom of thought
  Question about two possible attributes of God FallentoReason 43 10667 June 6, 2013 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
Wink Five reasons for not antinalism Nernico 3 2209 June 17, 2011 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Violet