Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Questions... Really The Same.
Question 
Two Questions... Really The Same.
If you, as a theist, were wounded on the side of the road, would you accept help from an atheist?

If you, as an atheist, were wounded on the side of the road, would you accept help from a theist?

Why or why not?
RE: Two Questions... Really The Same.
Quote:If you, as an atheist, were wounded on the side of the road, would you accept help from a theist?

Why or why not?

Yes. Because I don't want to fucking die and we are all human beings, we should act in a spirit of fraternity to each other even if we don't share the same belief system.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Depends on how they intend to help me.
As an atheist, yes. Furthermore, I would render what aid I could to a wounded theist. As Blackout intimated, being human trumps religious division (for me, at least).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You are all doing awesome! Keep it coming Clap
I don't make a habit of asking people about their religious affiliations before I offer them help or accept help from them.
I mean, honestly, besides from the few extremists and fundamentalists that wouldn't help me anyways if they knew I was atheist, religion hardly ever matters. Most people's religion is a personal thing for them. It has nothing to do with me.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(July 30, 2014 at 5:26 pm)ShaMan Wrote: If you, as a theist, were wounded on the side of the road, would you accept help from an atheist?

If you, as an atheist, were wounded on the side of the road, would you accept help from a theist?

Why or why not?

Of course, and were someone in need of my aid, I would not care what they believed. We're all brothers in humanity, and it'd be nice if we started acting like it.
(July 30, 2014 at 6:01 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: We're all brothers in humanity, and it'd be nice if we started acting like it.
I notice no theists have chimed in... Thinking
(July 30, 2014 at 5:58 pm)Losty Wrote: I don't make a habit of asking people about their religious affiliations

In this hypothetical, the atheist is wearing a Fiction Tshirt, and the theist is wearing a religious Tshirt. Just so you know at a glance.

I would like to think almost everyone would say yes.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(July 30, 2014 at 6:15 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I would like to think almost everyone would say yes.
Shhh! Don't spoil the spoiler.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can two wrongs ever make a right? ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2815 February 8, 2017 at 2:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  The Two Selves. Edwardo Piet 18 2068 May 6, 2016 at 5:31 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  One And The Same Nameless 33 5491 October 13, 2014 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Two More Questions (Again, Really The Same) BrianSoddingBoru4 12 3553 July 31, 2014 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Two excellent reasons to OPPOSE gay marriage in the UK ideologue08 184 95187 June 8, 2013 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: ideologue08
  Question about two possible attributes of God FallentoReason 43 10474 June 6, 2013 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Would someone recieving a bionic transplant still be the same person? Zone 7 2992 February 21, 2013 at 11:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can you forgive someone yet seek justice against them at the same time? Pel 20 7876 January 18, 2012 at 12:49 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko