Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 10:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians: What kind of heaven do you believe in?
RE: Christians: What kind of heaven do you believe in?
(June 19, 2013 at 1:11 am)ronedee Wrote:
(June 18, 2013 at 5:44 am)Zen Badger Wrote: And will you be happy in heaven? When you look down at all those people writhing in agony in the eternal fires? When 99% of them have committed no real crime? When you recognise friends and family who failed to make the grade in the eyes of your callous god?
Will you still be happy then?
Or will you ignore their screams of agony and turn away.

And will you happy to share heaven with all the rapists, paedophiles and murderers who got in by asking for gods forgivness at the last moment?

For one, there won't be any in Hell that don't want to be there.

As for the [vermin] who ask forgiveness? I'll leave that to them & God.

If we are to believe that God is a Loving, forgiving and merciful father? There is only Joy and Happiness to look forward to.

What puzzles me is that atheists can feel; "love" and "happiness", yet they don't ask where it comes from? They can sit and ponder a physical mystery; yet God is not in that realm of thought. They also can take any, and all aspects of religion that is good and toss it out the window. But then expand and inflate any bad they can find in it to mountainous proportions.

Is it possible "love" & "happiness" is from a soul? Is it possible to just ponder God for a while in a quiet moment...and maybe get an answer? Is it possible that religion has done more good than bad over the millenniums for the multitude?

Is it possible that we don't know more than God?

I have a good (law enforcement) friend "Dennis" who has cheated death several times and always says: "No ones ever come back to complain." and "We'll be dead a lot longer than we will be alive!"

Dennis was always an agnostic, but is leaning religious these days. Not because he had some revelation, or spiritual rebirth. But he has been on deaths door 3 times and survived. He's just not afraid anymore.

When asked how he's alive by fellow officers Denny just says: "Somebody up there likes me!"

And there my friends is the answer: Somebody up there LOVES US!

There is no reason for anything to get in our way. Even death.

And yet again you segue out of the question.

Trying to debate with you is a complete waste of time.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christians: What kind of heaven do you believe in? - by Zen Badger - June 19, 2013 at 9:07 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there free will in Heaven? zwanzig 54 4704 April 12, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 3644 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are there any Christians here who believe in zombies? Jehanne 41 5030 February 1, 2019 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8129 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 5045 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Eternity in Heaven - Scary? JairCrawford 47 5920 July 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 2738 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5757 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 14008 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19484 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished