Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 6:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Scientific method proves order cannot exist w/o intelligence
RE: Scientific method proves order cannot exist w/o intelligence
Okay, you are ignoring the fact that I stated that when it comes to origins I was content with a simple I don't know. Of course in astronomy the most prevalent theory of the origin of the universe is that of the "Big Bang" and according to science this happened approximately 13.5- 14 billion years ago. Obviously there was no one around to physically observe this but there are tell tale signs in our universe itself that point to the occurrence of this event. The two main reasons astronomers have come to believe this is according to wikipedia:

The uncertainty range has been obtained by the agreement of a number of scientific research projects. These projects included background radiation measurements and more ways to measure the expansion of the universe. Background radiation measurements give the cooling time of the universe since the Big Bang. Expansion of the universe measurements give accurate data to calculate the age of the universe.

There are several theoretical and scientific models used to determine the age of the universe and most of it can be studied and researched if you choose to do so. All of these models have been formulated through direct observance of the cosmos and the remnants of the above mentioned event. Now as far as where the energy came from (first cause) to cause the big bang whether it was a singularity or not we are still looking into those things. That is the beauty of science! Just because we don't know for certain does not mean that we stop looking and call it god.

God is the easy way out to mans curiosities and life's most pressing questions. We don't know so it must be god. What was the first cause to a Christian? God!! What evidence do you have of that? Because the bible say's so and there could be no other explanation. That answer does not work for me.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientific method proves order cannot exist w/o intelligence - by chatpilot - January 20, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution cannot account for morality chiknsld 341 34923 January 1, 2023 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 25475 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5456 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33989 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 14870 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1214 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence blue grey brain 15 2011 January 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why religious cannot agree. Mystic 46 8394 July 6, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  Popcorn Proves Poppy the Pop Corn God. The Valkyrie 67 10893 May 16, 2018 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The purpose of human life is probably to create "Artificial General Intelligence" uncool 45 9236 February 1, 2018 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: polymath257