Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence
Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence
Article:  "Belief.net - How Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence"

Today, there are several articles or pseudoscientific concepts, like the one above, that claim to have invoked Science to prove God's existence.

Zero (0) nobel prizes have been awarded to supposedly "God-proving" efforts that claim to use Science, and are as such regarded as psuedoscience. Why do theists suppose that is?
RE: Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence
When much pride is involved, to admit to be wrong, it is impossible for the faithful. They grab a fantasy dress it in a labcoat and suddenly they are scientists. DK to the max.
Searched and found the article. Yeah, not convincing.

I could put my former theist hat on and tell you that this is a lense that pervades the view of everything. I could say that since scripture has to be “interpreted” that this sort of view is fairly common.

I honestly don’t care. This just looks like post hoc justifications and interpretations.
(December 31, 2018 at 12:34 pm)Natachan Wrote: Searched and found the article. Yeah, not convincing.

I could put my former theist hat on and tell you that this is a lense that pervades the view of everything. I could say that since scripture has to be “interpreted” that this sort of view is fairly common.

I honestly don’t care. This just looks like post hoc justifications and interpretations.

Sorry, no links were allowed in the OP, as far as I can remember. (Notably, the Op merely underlines one of many examples of pseudoscientific "Intelligent Design" based efforts.)

Yes, I think we should expose information as seen in the OP more often. The OP seems to contain a simple, yet surprisingly powerful fact. We can all probably quickly grasp the concept of 0.
(December 31, 2018 at 6:41 pm)blue grey brain Wrote:
(December 31, 2018 at 12:34 pm)Natachan Wrote: Searched and found the article. Yeah, not convincing.

Sorry, no links were allowed in the OP, as far as I can remember. (Notably, the Op merely underlines one of many examples of pseudoscientific "Intelligent Design" based efforts.)

Yes, I think we should expose information as seen in the OP more often. The OP seems to contain a simple, yet surprisingly powerful fact. We can all probably quickly grasp the concept of 0.

You've been here more than thirty days and have more than thirty posts.  You may now post links to your heart's content.  Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 31, 2018 at 8:06 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 31, 2018 at 6:41 pm)blue grey brain Wrote: Sorry, no links were allowed in the OP, as far as I can remember. (Notably, the Op merely underlines one of many examples of pseudoscientific "Intelligent Design" based efforts.)

You've been here more than thirty days and have more than thirty posts.  You may now post links to your heart's content.  Smile

Boru

Acknowledged, thanks.
For someone who supposedly doesn't exist, you would think the atheists would talk about them less.

Atheist #1 What do you want to talk about today?

Atheist #2 No god

Atheist #1 What should we talk about after that

Atheist #2 How about disbelief in god?

Atheist #1 Cool. Maybe we can have an atheist party afterwards. What should we do at the party?

Atheist #2 Talk about how there is no god and how everybody is making stuff up about it.

Atheist #1 My favorite

Atheist #2 Mine too. You're my best friend and we have so much in common.

To be continued...

Unfortunately...
Actually on a day to day basis my atheism doesn’t come up. I have been having a very interesting discussion about the merits of restorative vs retributive forms of justice.

But when I’m stopped on my way to buy a sammich by some folks asking if I have accepted jeebus, and when the lady at the gym asks me where I go to church while I’m doing bench presses, that’s when it becomes a topic of discussion.
(January 1, 2019 at 1:30 am)Natachan Wrote: Actually on a day to day basis my atheism doesn’t come up. I have been having a very interesting discussion about the merits of restorative vs retributive forms of justice.

But when I’m stopped on my way to buy a sammich by some folks asking if I have accepted jeebus, and when the lady at the gym asks me where I go to church while I’m doing bench presses, that’s when it becomes a topic of discussion.

I will admit, you seem pretty grounded.
Isn't beliefnet owned by Scientology now? I think it is. Anyway, the article is crap, as noted. If for no other reason than it claims that matter is bound together by light, and that the Copenhagen interpretation implies that consciousness causes reality. Both are serious misunderstandings at best. The rest is just moronic proof by similarity. It even thinks that God's saying that his subjective experience of time is different from man's subjective experience of time suggests that God knew and asserted the truth of Einstein's view about space-time and the illusion of simultaneity. It doesn't. Typical crap from the religious reaching for something that is out of their reach.

For those interested, the article is here.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4076 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 10745 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1113 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why are you chasing the idea of the existence of a God? WinterHold 26 3256 August 7, 2018 at 2:05 pm
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 6864 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Popcorn Proves Poppy the Pop Corn God. The Valkyrie 67 10114 May 16, 2018 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
  So can god end his own existence? Vast Vision 53 14035 July 27, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  The false self and our knowledge of it's deception proves God. Mystic 89 12203 April 14, 2017 at 1:41 pm
  What self-subsists, maximum or minimal existence? Mystic 19 2139 March 16, 2017 at 2:51 am
Last Post: masterofpuppets
Wink The Attraction System In MEN & WOMEN Proves God Exists!!! Edward John 69 13347 December 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU