Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 7:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Scientific method proves order cannot exist w/o intelligence
RE: Scientific method proves order cannot exist w/o intelligence
(January 21, 2010 at 11:38 am)chatpilot Wrote: FvF said: "The believer, however, has the promise of the Holy Spirit to guide him into all truth (John 16:13). So to the degree that a believer lives a Spirit controlled life and studies the Word of God, the believer can know objective truths beyond the common objective truths we know from observation/science, i.e., those found in the Word of God."

I am utterly shocked that you reverted to this argument FvF I personally thought that this was beneath you. Aside from the fact that this is a very bold statement it presents several problems. The first and most obvious problem is that you would have to prove that the bible is in fact the word of god so good luck with that one. The bible self advertises that it is the word of god and most people take that view at face value. But as I always say a revelation is only a revelation to the one claiming to have experienced it, to the rest of us it's just hearsay. In fact you would have to prove several things:
1. That the biblical god exist
2. That he inspired some men to write his word in some mystical way
3. That t holy spirit being god exist
4. That somehow that spirit communicates with us and confirms and guides it's followers
5. That there are truths "beyond common objective truths" found in the bible.

By the way anything you do to try to prove any of the above are subjective.

I will answer Adrian later as I don't have time now...but:

First, I'm Rjh4, not FvF. Wink

Second, I think you need to distinguish between proving something and answering a question. I was not trying to prove anything to Adrian. I even said I could not prove to anyone what goes on inside me. I can merely tell you it does. I was merely answering his question from my point of view and my point of view takes God and His Word as a given. Not every answer to a question is intended to provide a formal proof of something.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scientific method proves order cannot exist w/o intelligence - by rjh4 - January 21, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution cannot account for morality chiknsld 341 34216 January 1, 2023 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 25449 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5426 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 33871 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 14793 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down 11-Year-Old Genius Proves Hawking Wrong About God Fake Messiah 7 1198 April 16, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence blue grey brain 15 1996 January 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why religious cannot agree. Mystic 46 8365 July 6, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: warmdecember
  Popcorn Proves Poppy the Pop Corn God. The Valkyrie 67 10879 May 16, 2018 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The purpose of human life is probably to create "Artificial General Intelligence" uncool 45 9204 February 1, 2018 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: polymath257