Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 5, 2026, 6:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I am availible to answer some questions
RE: I am availible to answer some questions
(March 8, 2014 at 7:26 am)Miss Meng Wrote:
(March 8, 2014 at 2:54 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: In Genesis chapter 3 the talking serpent appears. Who did the serpent represent? Who did Adam represent?

Adam represents the first form of man. The serpent represents evil, deception, lies and trickery. Smile

~ Miss M

I think you blew your leg off of that one.

The serpent represented the Egyptian Pharaoh, who wore a headdress with a Uraeus rising serpent (cobra, asp) that symbolized the Pharaoh's absolute power and authority. http://www.landofpyramids.org/uraeus.htm

Egypt was at war with Assyria and Babylonia and various times fell under their control. Most people regard serpents as sneaky and treacherous so it was a clever way to take a dig at the Egyptian ruler for lying by calling him a serpent (which was on his headdress).

The Babylonian Empire was known as the “Garden of Eden” and the Egyptians were a disruptive force. Adam was a metaphor for the king of Tyre, who got kicked out by the Emperor. The tree of knowledge of good and evil might symbolize the adoption of foreign culture and religious practices.

Believe it or not, all of that is in the Bible.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
I am availible to answer some questions - by Miss Meng - March 7, 2014 at 10:14 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Esquilax - March 7, 2014 at 10:22 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Tonus - March 7, 2014 at 5:10 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Brakeman - March 7, 2014 at 10:11 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Nine - March 7, 2014 at 10:25 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by FreeTony - March 7, 2014 at 10:46 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Tonus - March 7, 2014 at 2:16 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Cato - March 7, 2014 at 5:07 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Kayenneh - March 7, 2014 at 11:19 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Kayenneh - March 7, 2014 at 11:21 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Esquilax - March 7, 2014 at 12:10 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Cinjin - March 7, 2014 at 12:11 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Esquilax - March 7, 2014 at 12:45 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Rahul - March 7, 2014 at 9:44 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by *Deidre* - March 7, 2014 at 10:39 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Rahul - March 7, 2014 at 11:27 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Tonus - March 7, 2014 at 1:34 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Tonus - March 7, 2014 at 2:54 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by c172 - March 7, 2014 at 2:13 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by c172 - March 7, 2014 at 2:18 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by shep - March 7, 2014 at 5:11 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Cinjin - March 7, 2014 at 9:35 pm
I am availible to answer some questions - by Rampant.A.I. - March 7, 2014 at 10:17 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by fr0d0 - March 8, 2014 at 3:56 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Rahul - March 7, 2014 at 10:31 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Tonus - March 7, 2014 at 11:52 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Rahul - March 7, 2014 at 11:57 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Wyrd of Gawd - March 8, 2014 at 9:12 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by shep - March 8, 2014 at 8:43 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Kayenneh - March 8, 2014 at 10:20 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by fr0d0 - March 8, 2014 at 10:22 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Kayenneh - March 8, 2014 at 10:35 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Kayenneh - March 8, 2014 at 10:45 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by fr0d0 - March 8, 2014 at 1:43 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Kayenneh - March 8, 2014 at 10:49 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by fr0d0 - March 8, 2014 at 6:14 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by fr0d0 - March 8, 2014 at 6:22 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by fr0d0 - March 8, 2014 at 6:40 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Rayaan - March 8, 2014 at 11:15 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by fr0d0 - March 8, 2014 at 6:46 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Rahul - March 8, 2014 at 8:21 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by catman - March 9, 2014 at 4:58 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Menos - March 9, 2014 at 10:01 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by fr0d0 - March 8, 2014 at 7:09 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Rayaan - March 8, 2014 at 9:28 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by fr0d0 - March 9, 2014 at 4:42 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Kayenneh - March 8, 2014 at 11:27 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Alex K - March 9, 2014 at 5:16 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Menos - March 9, 2014 at 11:53 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Rahul - March 9, 2014 at 12:17 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Kayenneh - March 9, 2014 at 12:23 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Kayenneh - March 9, 2014 at 12:28 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Alex K - March 9, 2014 at 3:12 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by fr0d0 - March 9, 2014 at 4:49 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by fr0d0 - March 9, 2014 at 5:15 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by fr0d0 - March 9, 2014 at 7:26 pm
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Tonus - March 10, 2014 at 9:04 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Kayenneh - March 10, 2014 at 9:06 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Tonus - March 10, 2014 at 9:07 am
RE: I am availible to answer some questions - by Jackalope - March 11, 2014 at 12:15 am
I am availible to answer some questions - by Rampant.A.I. - March 11, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To the question of does God exist, the answer is whether Intelligence created Life panpan 152 29220 October 8, 2025 at 11:56 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] A Literal Bible. Answering questions Green Diogenes 101 27248 May 10, 2022 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Theist with Questions RBP3280 57 13331 April 1, 2022 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Questions about the European renaissance and religion to non believers Quill01 6 2060 January 31, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God is not the answer Kitan Etos 47 13924 October 31, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Two questions for theists. Edwardo Piet 19 6912 May 13, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: surreptitious57
  10 Questions Biblical Literalists Cannot Honestly Answer Kitan Etos 431 222539 August 12, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Jackie 92 30559 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Jackie
  I've never gotten a good answer to.... Jackie 23 10383 October 23, 2016 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: chimp3
Lightbulb The 9 Catharses,questions that can destroy religion Anonymousq 15 6675 October 8, 2016 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)