Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 11:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why It Is Not Too Late To Repent And Turn To Christ
RE: Why It Is Not Too Late To Repent And Turn To Christ
(April 13, 2014 at 2:39 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: I find it interesting how atheists are quick to judge the Bible but few have read it objectively from cover to cover. Christian movies the same. If you really don't want to believe something, Jesus appearing before you may not convince you.

So what's an "objective" reading, to you? One that agrees totally with it?

Is it possible to be an atheist and have read the bible objectively, Rev?

Now, as to the movie, I haven't seen it (don't judge, I literally can't: it's not out in Australia and I doubt it'd get a wide release anyway) but I have read about the film, including in depth articles that go, almost point by point, through its entire running time and rebut every contention raised.

I may not have seen it, but I know the storyline and the arguments raised; the former is a grotesque revenge fantasy dressed up as piety, and the latter are horrendously hypocritical riffs on "you can't prove god doesn't exist so therefore he does, and it doesn't matter anyway, because all you atheists really do believe in god, you just hate him."

Frankly, it makes me wonder if you are capable of looking at things objectively. I know a lot of people here are really dismissive of you, and I find that really frustrating because I know they'd do otherwise if you did more than post one sentence responses. You can look back, man; you can read conversations that have taken place here, pages long, with theists who actually engaged with us, and that should demonstrate just how the majority of us treat those believers who come to us open and willing to learn. Hell, the only thing I myself have told you is that you should use sources that are actually in a position to know what they're talking about, which I don't think is a terribly controversial piece of advice.

The portrayal of atheists in "God's Not Dead" is nothing more than a series of regurgitated strawmen and stereotypes. Does it make you feel good, knowing that the way these people from your religion thought was the best way to make their case was to lie and demonize us, instead of just presenting their point of view? Are you comfortable in the knowledge that this representation of your religion relies on projection and dishonesty to bolster the faithful?

Are you really sure you want to be shilling for this movie, and thus making yourself complicit in its blatant, heedless propaganda?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why It Is Not Too Late To Repent And Turn To Christ - by Esquilax - April 13, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 2410 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4658 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1430 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8140 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 2054 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Creating Christ JML 26 3284 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3469 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1493 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3578 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2876 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer