Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 1:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If there was a loving God, would you accept him?
RE: If there was a loving God, would you accept him?
Quote:People die for their convictions every day, whether that conviction be religious or something else.

Because a person was tortured to death for their religion neither devalues their sacrifice or those who have died for other convictions. Unless, of course, those convictions are in direct conflict with the wellbeing of others.
Well, they say that they suffer for their belief in God, something that is beyond everything that is imaginable. What I was trying to tell is what are you ready to die for? Are you ready to die for others, give your life away freely, be a cobblestone in the road to that higher purpose that you profess your conviction in?
I personally do not think that liberal humanism presents anyone with a basis for such a conviction.
Quote:Every single shred of "information" about any god that ever has been believed in, here on Earth, has been provided by humans.
Who they were? Beats me... most likely, someone trying to comfort their loved ones, or trying to keep their own mortality at bay...

What afterlife?
But humans who have been appointed by God. They are not mere men, they are prophets.
And in the case, that God decided not to use an intermediary, but actually stepped forward and told you that he existed, what then?
Quote:I don't know which god you're talking about, but he/she/it/they never required anything from me.
Every single shred of "information" about that god you talk about has come to you through people. PEOPLE!
Every requirement that you perceive to come from that god has come to you through people. People are not the god.
If that information, that requirement is that important, the medium of "information" transmission should never be the fault-ridden people that we see carrying it.

So now tell me.... who's requiring me to do what? and about what?
And I understand, but you need to understand that I'm not talking about that. We're speaking of a hypothetical case here.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Messages In This Thread
RE: If there was a loving God, would you accept him? - by kılıç_mehmet - April 30, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 4632 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 207 12806 February 12, 2024 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 8277 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Serious] If I met Him... zwanzig 54 4536 January 13, 2021 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3144 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists: What if Trump addressed your issues in America. Would you vote for him? Sanau 38 4881 March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3410 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Do you wish there's a god? Catharsis 580 47019 April 10, 2019 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Do u want there to be a God? Any God? Agnostico 304 31100 December 19, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11682 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus