Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2026, 8:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How to deal with opposite opinion
#8
RE: How to deal with opposite opinion
(August 25, 2014 at 4:27 am)Esquilax Wrote: Was that seriously the extent of the conversation? Simple mocking followed by a baseless tu coque fallacy?

Well of course it was longer than I can put here, I suppose they could have gotten offended when I said that people that claim that had a supernatural encounter or experience (like my own grandmother says she had) are, for me, more likely to: be lying, confused or alucinating.

And one of them has an aunt that saw a light sometime, somewhere on a farm and didnt like what I said. He said I was insulting all religious people, including people on his family.
I totally didnt mean to of course...

Do you think I should apologize? I totally dont feel like I should, but like I said before, Ive no experience on these, I spent the last 10 years pretending I belive to avoid these...

thanks everyone for your attention on such boring post
Reply



Messages In This Thread
How to deal with opposite opinion - by marianomanto - August 24, 2014 at 6:21 pm
RE: How to deal with opposite opinion - by Minimalist - August 24, 2014 at 6:30 pm
RE: How to deal with opposite opinion - by Lucanus - August 25, 2014 at 3:42 am
RE: How to deal with opposite opinion - by marianomanto - August 25, 2014 at 4:21 am
RE: How to deal with opposite opinion - by Lucanus - August 25, 2014 at 4:36 am
RE: How to deal with opposite opinion - by Esquilax - August 25, 2014 at 4:27 am
RE: How to deal with opposite opinion - by marianomanto - August 25, 2014 at 7:59 am
RE: How to deal with opposite opinion - by Esquilax - August 25, 2014 at 8:28 am
RE: How to deal with opposite opinion - by ignoramus - August 25, 2014 at 4:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In your opinion what causes christians to believe in Jesus born_to_be_a_loser 1528 327014 June 8, 2026 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 21125 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  In your opinion purplepurpose 20 9708 July 9, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How I deal with no afterlife SuperMarioGamer 117 33076 October 25, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: TheMonster
  Top misconceptions of Theory of Evolution you had to deal with ErGingerbreadMandude 76 24921 March 7, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  So how do you deal with your atheism around the holidays GoHalos1993 22 7581 December 8, 2015 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  AF friends, an opinion on Bible debate, please drfuzzy 25 9748 October 1, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  What is your Opinion on Having Required Classes in Logic in Schools? Salacious B. Crumb 43 17648 August 4, 2015 at 12:01 am
Last Post: BitchinHitchins
  Opinion on this Creed Kingpin 80 29462 July 25, 2015 at 5:41 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Going to a Roman Catholic school and expressing my opinion. piterski123 7 5095 April 28, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Iroscato



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)