Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In your opinion
In your opinion
Of all the sad groups like thief's, scammers, murderers, warmongers, addicts peaceful Christians aren't as toxic as some people here wish them to portray.
RE: In your opinion
I mean... most Christians are completely normal, good people. Because most people are normal, good people. I doubt most people here would portray a soccer mom who believes in God who leads a normal life as 'toxic', for example. It's the whole condemning-people-for-not-believing-claims-of-absolute-truth-and-morality-you-got-your-religion-in-my-government sort of thing that brings out the ire.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Setting the bar awfully low there, aren't you OP.  

It's their religion that's toxic, in any case.  The people are usually half assed cultural christians anyway.  Kind of makes it worse.

(don't even get me started on how toxic soccer moms are FF, christian or otherwise. Wink )
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Christians and scammers are not mutually exclusive. Even peaceful christians.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(July 7, 2017 at 12:25 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I mean... most Christians are completely normal, good people.  Because most people are normal, good people.  I doubt most people here would portray a soccer mom who believes in God who leads a normal life as 'toxic', for example.  It's the whole condemning-people-for-not-believing-claims-of-absolute-truth-and-morality-you-got-your-religion-in-my-government sort of thing that brings out the ire.

Yea, I feel ya. Believers "devalue and poop" on their personal life to earn more "heavens points" and when in such desperation the call for "mind rape" of others in the name of the good offered in the holy book is a must. But recently I watched a jail documentary where grown men raped each other and I was like "That's a real hell men in their prime ended up".
As long as they don't try to push their faith on others by law or other means, I'm fine with any believer of any faith.

Exactly, their decency is directly related to their lack of religiosity.   Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Indeed. I don't mind the faithful ... it's the religious I have a problem with.

(July 7, 2017 at 12:23 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Of all the sad groups like thief's, scammers, murderers, warmongers, addicts peaceful Christians aren't as toxic as some people here wish them to portray.

The difference is; we have systems in place to deal with the likes of scammers, murderers, warmongers etc. The church over the centuries has corrupted the minds of billions, and they answer to no one.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Bingo.  Being a scammer or a thief is illegal.  Being a scammy thieving christian...is not. I guess faith covers a multitude of sins after all...not the least of which, being so bottom of the barrel that managing not to steal from someone - or hit someone on the head with a brick..is somehow seen as an accomplishment, rather than a normal friday.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AF friends, an opinion on Bible debate, please drfuzzy 25 5377 October 1, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  What is your Opinion on Having Required Classes in Logic in Schools? Salacious B. Crumb 43 9137 August 4, 2015 at 12:01 am
Last Post: BitchinHitchins
  Opinion on this Creed Kingpin 80 15526 July 25, 2015 at 5:41 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Going to a Roman Catholic school and expressing my opinion. piterski123 7 3355 April 28, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Your opinion on the following statement: Mudhammam 42 9269 January 13, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  How to deal with opposite opinion marianomanto 8 4011 August 25, 2014 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  In my opinion most important Hitchens debate tor 0 1402 March 24, 2014 at 3:13 am
Last Post: tor