Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 5:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
infinite reasons made me not to believe islam
RE: infinite reasons made me not to believe islam
(July 4, 2010 at 4:20 am)mo3taz3nbar Wrote: our life is temporary its just a test the first thing you must pass is believing in god.
Then your god must be a very cruel bastard. Otherwise he would not have made any humans so flawed that any at all could fail this test, not at least if the penalty is that they will be kept alive after they die to be tortured forever. Why does your god not just let the failed ones stay dead? He could still reward the good ones who passed the test, but why cause unecessary misery to the failed ones? It's not their fault that your god designed them so that some would fail. Your god must not be a god of kindness and peace, or else he would at least not wake the dead to remind them how much of a failure they were and torture them forever as punishment. Why would your god be angry at them for not believing in something there is no way to perceive except as a concept in the mind? To punish people for that is cruel. It is also insane because there is no purpose to such a test. Why does he just not have the bad failures be born in the first place? Does he not know everything, even before it happens?

Quote:we will get to a point that i believe in. that you will probably make fun of but anyway i believe that every person have his own sign from god this sign could be a lot of different things if you hear something about islam god want you to hear it if you see something in the universe god is showing you how great he is so you believe in him.also everything you have in your life god made it like this for us.
Why does he need us to think nice thoughts about his greatness to him? Isn't it tribute enough just to enjoy this beautiful universe we live in? If your god really wanted people to believe in him as a separate creator of the universe (at least we know the universe is real, we see it, and touch it), then he could just zap that knowledge right into our brains. Belief has nothing to do with the morals of the person or how good they are or their actions, so what is your god judging here? Smartness (in seeing subtle metaphorical 'signs' of existence)? If so, then it's his fault for making some people stupid. Obedience? That just determines how much the person caves to pressure from others, not whether they are a good person. Goodness? Well, belief or disbelief has nothing to do with goodness.

Quote:so after god give you all this you deny him thats not a small thing
Is that a guilt trip? Even if I felt I owe it to him, how do you MAKE yourself believe in something that is not there? Is there something to see, hear, measure, touch, etc? You say the universe means there is a god (and that it's your god, not someone else's). I say the universe means there is a universe.

Hey there is a circular problem with what you say:

Your god gave me everything.
I owe him my belief.
But if I believe he gave me everything, I must have already believed beforehand.

If the problem is that I don't believe (yes, that is the problem here), then how can I believe he's responsible for giving me everything? How can I then feel I owe him anything? How do I know for sure that he gave me things needing that type of payment (belief in him) in return?

Quote:imagine that in one day after your mother stand beside you and you become a beautiful successful woman you denied that she is your mother and said that you dont even know her
What are you babbling about with mothers and success or whatever the fuck? Are you comparing the denial of something that is NOT there with the denial of a person that for sure IS there?

Quote:believing in god is not just a thought its a thought that must be turned into actions.
Belief is a thought. Actions are actions. Belief do not always go hand in hand with actions. Sometimes yes, but not always or by default, so unless your holy book specifically says that each time it mentions belief, then that is just you trying to make things fit where they don't.

Quote:god doesnt need us and praying is not reassuring he is great the prayer is the way you connect with god and get away from the world you are living in for a little while
If that was true, then your god wouldn't say how many times you must do it a day, when, and how (facing a certain direction, bowing and stuff). And why punish those who don't do it? Is it not punishment enough that they are missing out on some wonderful conversations with your god? Why punish them further with eternal torture?
I'm really shitty at giving kudos and rep. That's because I would be inconsistent in remembering to do them, and also I don't really want it to show if any favouritism is happening. Even worse would be inconsistencies causing false favouritisms to show. So, fuck it. Just assume that I've given you some good rep and a number of kudos, and everyone should be happy...

Messages In This Thread
RE: infinite reasons made me not to believe islam - by Scented Nectar - July 4, 2010 at 10:21 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 6054 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  One of the reasons we need religion. Mystic 18 5007 January 6, 2020 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8062 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Islam is about tiring the reader, not so much about truth (Scripture literature) Sogni921 34 4925 December 6, 2019 at 7:49 am
Last Post: GUBU
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 1020 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Converted2Islam on YouTube shares his reasons for apostatizing ReptilianPeon 10 2635 July 17, 2016 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Does Islam Need A Reformation (supossedly a debate but not really) ReptilianPeon 23 4203 March 23, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Douglas Murray: Islam is not a peaceful religion mralstoner 3 1624 December 30, 2015 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5639 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  ISIS is not True Islam! It's Not! JesusHChrist 33 8531 March 3, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: comet