Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISIS is not True Islam! It's Not!
ISIS is not True Islam! It's Not!
Nothing to do with True and Correct Islam, except for this part:

Quote:In its march across the region, the Islamic State group has massacred hundreds of captives, mainly Syrian and Iraqi soldiers, sometimes displaying their heads in public squares. Its clerics have justified such acts by citing a verse from the Quran that reads: "So, when you meet (to wage jihad in God's cause) those who disbelieve, smite at their necks until you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly."

Surely, these clerics, these scholars of Islam should know better?

Or on the treatment of women captives. Killing is out. Slavery (with rape, I mean marriage included) is a-OK with Allah. This according to a 13th century scholar no less.

Quote:Al-Binali himself has provided religious justification for the enslavement of hundreds of women from Iraq's Yazidi minority.

Writing in an online forum, he said: "There is no doubt that enslaving women of infidel warriors" is permitted. He pointed to a religious opinion by a 13th century cleric who said that in wartime, "it is not permitted to kill women and children but they become slaves to Muslims."

Leading Islamic authorities have condemned the Islamic State group's atrocities and rejected its self-styled caliphate as illegitimate because it was declared unilaterally without the consensus of established clerics. But such criticism matters little to the militants, who view mainstream religious authorities as tools of the region's autocratic states.

Surely these fiends are not following True and Correct Islam? How can this use of Allah's Holy Book be used to justify such behavior? Maybe because that is exactly what it says?

http://news.yahoo.com/fiery-islamic-stat...38919.html
RE: ISIS is not True Islam! It's Not!
Who exactly gets to say what "True Islam" is anyway? All they have is a stupid book. Which tells you to do horrific stuff like this.

I think that is the most overused and underwhelming term being used at the moment. Moderates say the Quran is the word of god. Radicals agree. Moderates ignore almost all of it. Radicals don't.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
All religions do this, and I also don't like it when atheists imply or demand atheists act a certain way. When any idiot of any label says "I wouldn't do that" they miss the point that we are not talking about you. If you share the same label with someone else, it does not matter how you think they should behave. If they share the same label, they share the same label.

Religions, political ideology, race or nationality are not patent holders on our evolutionary morality. A label is not going to automatically insure the person holding it will do good. Our ability to be cruel or compassionate is in us.

But in respect to the religions of Abraham all three are currently the biggest trouble makers on this planet. Liberals and moderates of all three fail to understand that the violent ones in their branch still are using the same books with the same words they use.
(January 28, 2015 at 2:08 pm)robvalue Wrote: Who exactly gets to say what "True Islam" is anyway? All they have is a stupid book. Which tells you to do horrific stuff like this.

Yes, that is the root problem. The book actually does say these things. And the fact, these people are probably more expert in "interpreting" it doesn't help.

Quote:I think that is the most overused and underwhelming term being used at the moment. Moderates say the Quran is the word of god. Radicals agree. Moderates ignore almost all of it. Radicals don't.

Just like the Fred Phelps-types are following what the Bible actually says, terrible stuff and all.
What a bizarre situation that everyone, including moderates, are condemning the actions of those who are most closely following the "word of God". Why aren't they ignoring it while worshipping it like sane people?

OK I'm just repeating myself. But it's so dumb.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Quote:Who exactly gets to say what "True Islam" is anyway?

Ben Affleck, apparently.
What gets me, is theists will claim, there are "other ways of knowing", besides empiricism.

Yet, why don't these other ways of knowing arrive at the same answers? Why are these gods such poor communicators and leave things so wide open to interpretation?
Haha. I know, I'm so sick of hearing that. "Science doesn't work on everything!"

No, what you mean is not everything stands up to science. Bullshit, especially.

Index of my best videos
(January 28, 2015 at 2:22 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: What gets me, is theists will claim, there are "other ways of knowing", besides empiricism.

Yet, why don't these other ways of knowing arrive at the same answers? Why are these gods such poor communicators and leave things so wide open to interpretation?

It takes a special class of asshole to believe in fairy tales.
(January 28, 2015 at 2:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Who exactly gets to say what "True Islam" is anyway?

Ben Affleck, apparently.

Yea and right after that asshole said that a female Muslim and artist from Pakistan wrote a letter to him in much more polite words than I have for him basically said "No you idiot, we need everyone, Muslim and non Muslim alike telling Islam to clean up its act".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 2074 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Lightbulb Learn the true mercy akay 172 5679 March 19, 2022 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  [Quranic Reflection]: the true face of murder WinterHold 39 5631 April 6, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: no one
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7843 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Islam is about tiring the reader, not so much about truth (Scripture literature) Sogni921 34 4643 December 6, 2019 at 7:49 am
Last Post: GUBU
  What happened to the war on ISIS? WinterHold 53 14706 February 9, 2019 at 8:14 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  To clear up that Islam is not pedophilia and chrisitanity is according to a guy here Smain 6 978 June 26, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  CCTV footage of ISIS stabbing in Australia mralstoner 10 2583 September 18, 2016 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Does Islam Need A Reformation (supossedly a debate but not really) ReptilianPeon 23 4054 March 23, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  "ISIS is not Islamic Aegon 107 16436 February 24, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda