Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converted2Islam on YouTube shares his reasons for apostatizing
Converted2Islam on YouTube shares his reasons for apostatizing
I found it quite interesting. Ismaa’eel recited Shahada sixteen years ago and has amassed tens of thousands of subscribers over the years. Seems legit to me. Apparently he found it increasingly hard to defend Muhammad's "morality". "Allah allowed legalized rape" is one of his reasons for leaving. I know I would be so angry if the caliphate came took my wife as a slave and then raped her.

I find Muhammad's morality concerning. I can't imagine what it must be like to have all of those probing comments ask you to defend slaves, rape and woman beating. I would have to do so much "gymnastics" to defend Muhammad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR7_YQ53lfI

RE: Converted2Islam on YouTube shares his reasons for apostatizing
That is very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I'd like to see more of this. People leaving a religion because it's immoral, regardless of whether it's "true".

There's no way I'd defend crap like this either. If God wants me to consider the horrible stuff in religion to be moral, he can get lost.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 17, 2016 at 6:30 am)robvalue Wrote: That is very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I'd like to see more of this. People leaving a religion because it's immoral, regardless of whether it's "true".

There's no way I'd defend crap like this either. If God wants me to consider the horrible stuff in religion to be moral, he can get lost.

He said there's going to be more. And if you look at his channel you'll find more, similar, videos. Before everyone was like "masha Allah, great Iman booster" and now they are accusing him of being an attention seeker.

For those of us accustomed to the near universal practice of cafeteria Christianity and the attendant embrace of religious slackerism instead of just getting honest and LEAVING an irredeemably flawed faith, this apostate is quite a breath of fresh air.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The most common defense I see of Muhammad is that he wasn't atypical for a leader of that time period, most of the powerful men back then had slaves, beat women, had child brides etc. Well that raises two obvious issues.

A. Muslims claim Muhammad was morally perfect, so shouldn't he have better morality then average?
B. We don't live in that time period.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Exactly. If you have to dismiss what the book tells you as now irrelevant, why bother with it? Just look at it as a (very suspect) historical document, from which we might be able to examine what cultures were like at the time.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
OK. He left Islam. My guess is that he will now profess allegiance to another faith more to his liking. I put my dollar on Christianity.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

That would be a great shame.

I don't know why people who believe in God so often assume one of the current religions must contain some truth about it. They're all as stupid and obviously man made as each other.

Index of my best videos
(July 17, 2016 at 11:17 am)chimp3 Wrote: OK. He left Islam. My guess is that he will now profess allegiance to another faith more to his liking. I put my dollar on Christianity.

Well I think the important thing really is that when Atheists say this sort of stuff online, Muslims tend to shrug it off, say that they are racists (?) or that they don't speak arabic and so they can't really know. It's a lot harder to say that about apostates, although from the comments you do see the normal idiotic character attacks.

I also watched a reply to this guy, which was absurd. It said basically that the rapes didn't actually happen, since they themselves aren't historically recorded. Yeah, we only have Muhammad giving permission for mass rape of enslaved captives, but not the recordings of the rapes themselves. He said it's not valid because it's only implied evidence. What do you think is the logical outcome of Muhammad and indeed according to Muslims, God giving permission for the rape of captives?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(July 17, 2016 at 11:27 am)robvalue Wrote: That would be a great shame.

I don't know why people who believe in God so often assume one of the current religions must contain some truth about it. They're all as stupid and obviously man made as each other.

Well, LDS seems especially stupid to some of us, and that is by the already abysmally low expectations the other faiths have brought us to.

And then there is Scientology . . . .

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 1966 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  His throne is on water..stunning scientific theory that the Quran foretold 1400 y ago WinterHold 113 21410 March 2, 2020 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  One of the reasons we need religion. Mystic 18 4760 January 6, 2020 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Context of Ulil-Amr youtube video Mystic 0 373 October 26, 2018 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Mystic
  The Abrahamic sacrifice of his son. Mystic 182 18148 March 29, 2018 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Dawah Response Team (YouTube Channel) ReptilianPeon 2 1261 July 6, 2015 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Fatwa allowing husband to eat his wife. Ksa 3 1811 April 16, 2015 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  ISIS: Every Muslim should get out of his house, find a crusader, and kill him mralstoner 8 2774 October 14, 2014 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Muhammad sticks his nose into reality and fails miserably exMohammed 13 6136 August 20, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  What if you are not as pervert as Muhammad & his men? exmuslim 7 4770 May 21, 2013 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist