Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2026, 10:27 pm

Poll: What do you think?
This poll is closed.
You're not crazy, a bit psychotic maybe but not not really all that crazyish. Sometimes. Usually.
22.58%
7 22.58%
You're crazy. Very fucking crazy, but we love you anyways.
22.58%
7 22.58%
Your time system is amazing and I wish we had it instead!
6.45%
2 6.45%
Your time system is stupid and would never work.
12.90%
4 12.90%
Can I have a slice of your ham sandwich?
35.48%
11 35.48%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sometimes my brain just can't see things the way other people do.
#20
RE: Sometimes my brain just can't see things the way other people do.
I think you're crazy for not seeing how military time works.

Having the number 1 to represent the events happening before the 1st hour the day begins makes no sense. It's all just self explanatory really.

I'm from England where we do use military time a lot, it's used on a lot of watches and in my workplace for example, but I don't blame you for not wanting to use it because I rarely use it.
It's not like I go round saying "It's 15.00" It's much easier just to say "It's 3 O clock".
And if anyone did tell me the time in military time I would just think "Tell me the proper time and stop tryin to be complicated"

And I admit that when I was very young and they began teaching is military time as opposed to AM, PM which I already knew I did think "What the fuck is this shit, I spent ages learning time now I have to learn this over complicated way of doing it aswell?"


Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.





Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes my brain just can't see things the way other people do. - by paulpablo - October 25, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  See what will happen in the future in your dreams timharvey 27 6250 June 29, 2024 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Sometimes you should just shut up. awty 12 3354 April 10, 2024 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 4516 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Do people just naturally want conflict Ahriman 113 26009 September 26, 2023 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: awty
  Are things stuff? no one 8 2375 September 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Things You Miss Kitan Etos 15 3878 September 16, 2022 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 14680 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  See Uranus and moon in binoculars, March 6, 2022 Jehanne 3 1344 February 28, 2022 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 5210 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  One of these things is not like the other ones Angrboda 1 1176 December 6, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)