Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 5:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Being perceived as stubborn by my parents.
#1
Being perceived as stubborn by my parents.
The other day, my dad was telling me how he can get me married if I want to and I cooperate and said if I don't say I'm not Muslim or I don't believe. I told him I can't change that and it's not that much in my control, he said, it is but if I want to be stubborn then I can be stubborn.

I left it that. Didn't really argue with him.

The funny thing is that I've gone through all sorts of reasons to believe in Islam, and through at this year became Muslim quite a few times. But those times are short lived and I end up not believing in Islam realizing it has problems and is not that convincing.

I'm not sure if my Dad just said that to put pressure on me to believe or that he actually thinks I'm being stubborn.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Being perceived as stubborn by my parents. - by MysticKnight - December 27, 2014 at 6:49 pm
RE: Being perceived stubborn by my parents. - by Chad32 - December 27, 2014 at 7:00 pm
RE: Being perceived stubborn by my parents. - by Aoi Magi - December 27, 2014 at 7:13 pm
RE: Being perceived stubborn by my parents. - by MysticKnight - December 27, 2014 at 7:38 pm
RE: Being perceived stubborn by my parents. - by Jackalope - December 27, 2014 at 7:24 pm
RE: Being perceived as stubborn by my parents. - by Jackie - December 27, 2014 at 7:45 pm
RE: Being perceived as stubborn by my parents. - by Jackie - December 27, 2014 at 8:52 pm
RE: Being perceived as stubborn by my parents. - by dyresand - December 27, 2014 at 8:27 pm
RE: Being perceived as stubborn by my parents. - by dyresand - December 27, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OK Bill to allow parents to sue teachers if they teach anything that opposes religion Cecelia 28 6990 February 20, 2022 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 4482 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  My Mormon parents NuclearEnergy 11 4533 October 9, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Jesus had no parents Ferrocyanide 21 6014 October 7, 2021 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  why is the thread about angels being male closed? Anomalocaris 11 4945 April 23, 2021 at 7:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Overcoming shame of being duped by a cult Won2blv 11 3645 December 22, 2020 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Being can come from non-being Alex K 55 18716 January 15, 2020 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 41087 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Growing up, did your parents have weird rules because of religion GODZILLA 7 2744 November 15, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "Losing virginity" - what is being lost here? Fake Messiah 36 9511 September 12, 2018 at 9:14 am
Last Post: polymath257



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)