Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A religious delimma. (God Parents)
A religious delimma. (God Parents)
Guys, it occurred to me on the way home.
(Sharon and bumblebee Jimmy made us godparents to their 2 young girls years ago.)

Then the thought came to me about religious people making other religious people godparents to their children.
Would religious parents want the new godparents to put Jesus/God before their adopted god kids?
Or, like a normal person, would they hope that they are treated as best as possible by the new parents. (should anything happen).

What do Jehovas do? Do they tell their chosen Jehova godparents that if their kids need a blood transfusion, promise me you'll let them die!
(I actually felt uneasy just typing that sentence above! It's just pure evil!).

I suppose my question is, why would anyone let anybody suffer over their pet belief? Is that shit really in the bible?
I also think it's right for legal laws to intervene if any harm will come to other people because of people's pet beliefs. Eg: religion, homeopathy, etc.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: A religious delimma. (God Parents)
(June 29, 2018 at 3:36 am)ignoramus Wrote: Guys, it occurred to me on the way home.
(Sharon and bumblebee Jimmy made us godparents to their 2 young girls years ago.)

Then the thought came to me about religious people making other religious people godparents to their children.
Would religious parents want the new godparents to put Jesus/God before their adopted god kids?
Or, like a normal person, would they hope that they are treated as best as possible by the new parents. (should anything happen).

What do Jehovas do? Do they tell their chosen Jehova godparents that if their kids need a blood transfusion, promise me you'll let them die!
(I actually felt uneasy just typing that sentence above! It's just pure evil!).

I suppose my question is, why would anyone let anybody suffer over their pet belief? Is that shit really in the bible?
I also think it's right for legal laws to intervene if any harm will come to other people because of people's pet beliefs. Eg: religion, homeopathy, etc.

According to the biblical fairy tale believers are supposed to obey their earthly rulers because those rulers were appointed by Yahweh and to disobey them is the same as disobeying Yahweh.
RE: A religious delimma. (God Parents)
Except when they are not supposed to:

Acts 5 (KJV)
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OK Bill to allow parents to sue teachers if they teach anything that opposes religion Cecelia 28 2038 February 20, 2022 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1244 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  My Mormon parents NuclearEnergy 11 2314 October 9, 2021 at 7:26 pm
  Jesus had no parents Ferrocyanide 21 2111 October 7, 2021 at 8:42 pm
  Growing up, did your parents have weird rules because of religion GODZILLA 7 1180 November 15, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I have a question about religious parents Der/die AtheistIn 22 3728 January 25, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Do people hate the actual belief in God, or just the religious organizations? goombah111 101 25685 November 14, 2016 at 4:19 am
Last Post: goombah111
  Telling my parents kikiwallflower 24 3149 August 7, 2016 at 2:49 am
Last Post: KJV-reader
  Why do religious people always refer to God for answers. Prince 12 3697 June 1, 2015 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Being perceived as stubborn by my parents. Mystic 13 2847 December 27, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: dyresand