Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mormon parents
My Mormon parents
Well, I'm back home from school for the summer. I'm currently taking some classes online to get me busy, and got a job. However, I find some things with my parents rather difficult. I drink Monsters quite a bit and they are fine with it. However, I was at the store a few days ago with my Dad. Went to go grab a box of them and I picked the Pink Lemonade Iced Tea flavor (It's my favorite) and he stopped me and said "You're not getting that it's Tea! It's against the Word of Wisdom". 

I really just don't understand this. Why would they be so surprised if I drink loads of caffeine that I like something with Iced tea in it? And it was with my money, too. lol

But anyways, my parents have no idea that I'm sort of the deviant by their standards. I'm secretly an agnostic. Heck, while i am not really a social drinker, I do enjoy an occasional 24 oz of Corona on a Friday night back in Tucson. 

But hey, I just have to deal with this for 2 months. It's really no big deal. At least they are accepting of me drinking energy drinks though. And, I also graduate in a year!  Big Grin I plan on teaching.

Look, I love my parents and respect their religious beliefs. However, I just wish they would get the message. I mean, the last time I attended 3 hours of church was way way long ago. If I do go it's because I'm back home and I just go to church with them for an hour to please them. My Dad is a stake president, too. [If you don't know what that is, look it up] so my life growing up within the LDS Church was pretty interesting. 

But I digress.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: My Mormon parents
I have friends in Tucson. You're fairly close to me, yo. Tip: put your drinks into foam cups with lids and you're good to go.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Joseph Smith didn't follow the Word of Wisdom, and  neither did Brigham Young.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 5, 2017 at 5:33 pm)J a c k Wrote: I have friends in Tucson. You're fairly close to me, yo. Tip: put your drinks into foam cups with lids and you're good to go.

haha the beer is not really an issue with me. I wouldn't dare drink that here back at home out of respect for my parents rules. But back in my apartment in Tucson I do occasionally on a lonesome Friday night.

Quote:"You're not getting that it's Tea! It's against the Word of Wisdom".

As a riposte try:  "So is jerking off, Dad, but I do that too."
(June 5, 2017 at 6:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:"You're not getting that it's Tea! It's against the Word of Wisdom".

As a riposte try:  "So is jerking off, Dad, but I do that too."

You are damn right I do! However, I don't do it as often though. Maybe I'm losing my sex drive already? After all, I've been lusting after big breasted, big asses Latina's on a computer screen since I was 14. lmao

according to the ORIGINAL version of the polygamy revelation, your first wife must be Caucasian, (white and delightful unto the Lord), and then your subsequent wives must be Native American.  And it's OK if you want to marry Native American women who are sisters, or mother and daughter(s) if you want.  It is intended your offspring with the subsequent wives will be lighter than their mothers, and more delightful.

Hope that doesn't mess up your plans too much . . . .

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I see that this is an old thread, from 2017, but it is in the list at the bottom of the page.
So, I’ll respond.

You can give your parents and any other mormons a dose of reality:
A bunch of ex-mormons were having a conversation in a forum.
They were saying that about 2/3 of their family members were quitting mormonism.
The LDS church does not wish to spread bad news and so, they don’t publish statistics.

A bunch of them were saying how some wards are almost empty.
One exmormon from the UK said that his ward number was increasing.

Overall, mormonism is crashing. It is said to be the fastest crashing religion.

So, we have reached 2021. What evidence has science found that says native americans were jews? What evidence is there that they used reformed egyptian. Any written evidence in hebrew?
The evidence amounts to a perfect 0.
(October 8, 2021 at 1:35 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote: I see that this is an old thread, from 2017, but it is in the list at the bottom of the page.
So, I’ll respond.

You can give your parents and any other mormons a dose of reality:
A bunch of ex-mormons were having a conversation in a forum.
They were saying that about 2/3 of their family members were quitting mormonism.
The LDS church does not wish to spread bad news and so, they don’t publish statistics.

A bunch of them were saying how some wards are almost empty.
One exmormon from the UK said that his ward number was increasing.

Overall, mormonism is crashing. It is said to be the fastest crashing religion.

So, we have reached 2021. What evidence has science found that says native americans were jews? What evidence is there that they used reformed egyptian. Any written evidence in hebrew?
The evidence amounts to a perfect 0.

Gold plates, two stones and a hat? Hehe
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Didn't know about the native sister wives deal.  When I think about adding that to the Puerto Rican/Irish girl mix, I feel Jesus or something.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OK Bill to allow parents to sue teachers if they teach anything that opposes religion Cecelia 28 2029 February 20, 2022 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1234 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Jesus had no parents Ferrocyanide 21 2073 October 7, 2021 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  An Atheist Tries on Sacred Mormon Underwear AFTT47 7 1181 May 27, 2019 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Growing up, did your parents have weird rules because of religion GODZILLA 7 1165 November 15, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A religious delimma. (God Parents) ignoramus 2 675 June 29, 2018 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I have a question about religious parents Der/die AtheistIn 22 3711 January 25, 2018 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Telling my parents kikiwallflower 24 3106 August 7, 2016 at 2:49 am
Last Post: KJV-reader
  Heavily dominated Mormon community that's...intolerant GoHalos1993 8 2055 November 30, 2015 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Being perceived as stubborn by my parents. Mystic 13 2833 December 27, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: dyresand