Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 16, 2024, 6:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion?
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion?
I know why you did not want to hear about heaven, you believe it's a given to all Christians, it's actually more than a given to us, it's new and perfect life with Christ. We give up a lot here when it comes to enjoying the material part of the world, so, heaven become our new world (home)with all the perfect enjoyment that comes with it. Christ told us to store up treasures in heaven, those treasures come from how we live our lives here.
Many here work toward a retirement here, we're to work for a perfect retirement in heaven. So, you see heaven and this world are tied with each other for the Christian.
Okay, to answer your question as you presented it, I get nothing from religion except worries, religion is a ritual practice that brings a stifling effect on a relationship with Christ. I know and understand the religious practices in a church service is practical for many reasons and I do not mind them they help to organize the service, which is a good thing.
Through my Christian faith I have come to value others more than I did before hand, I care for others in a special way, one that helps me give more of me and not look to receive anything in return, though much comes my way in the fact I see the effects it has on others. This is just one of many ways treasure is stored up in heaven, though I do not worry much about that, God will take care of that for me.
Peace, there's a peace that goes beyond understanding, something I did not understand before, something I treasure now. Also the revelations that come from God through the Holy Spirit, I receive an understanding of difficult scripture, see new things when I study scripture, many of these things are help in living the Christian life I chose.
Hate, yes I've learned to hate, hate the right things, those things that are detrimental to men/women that keep them from God. Hate the things humans can do to other humans, I have to be very careful with this, not to let it cross over to the people themselves. People like ISIS and terrorist in general are a trouble spot for me, prayer helps.
Speaking of prayer, this has to be one of the greatest things in a Christian's life, if it's not something is wrong. Through prayer we can release the power of God in and for our lives, the areas this covers are to numerous to list. The peace and understanding it brings when done with the correct attitude is enormous.
Sadness and hurt are a part of the Christian life, sadness comes in many ways and hurt comes with the sadness. The greatest sadness I experience would be those who die that do not know Christ, especially those who are close to you. Watching people waste their lives on drugs and alcohol, I use to live in that world and know every well the effects of these things. Now would I begrudge a person from enjoy a couple beers or a shot of good bourbon, not as long as they were not an alcoholic, I enjoy both on occasion, I enjoy the taste and do not drink for the high.
The greatest part of Christianity is the relationship between Christ, others and myself. Whether I'm sharing Christ through living my life or through telling others about Him. I also love learning what the Bible teaches and discovery of the mysteries in the scriptures. It's a life I would not trade for the entire world. But I would willingly suffer to see one lost person find Christ.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Nope - February 2, 2015 at 4:20 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Jenny A - February 2, 2015 at 4:29 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Tonus - February 2, 2015 at 4:30 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Silver - February 2, 2015 at 4:31 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Nope - February 3, 2015 at 9:56 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Nope - February 3, 2015 at 12:30 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Nope - February 3, 2015 at 6:16 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Tonus - February 4, 2015 at 8:36 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by professor - February 3, 2015 at 12:04 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Nope - February 3, 2015 at 12:27 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Minimalist - February 3, 2015 at 12:36 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Mudhammam - February 5, 2015 at 8:06 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Angrboda - February 3, 2015 at 3:02 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Chas - February 3, 2015 at 6:44 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Nope - February 4, 2015 at 4:57 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Angrboda - February 5, 2015 at 3:58 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Godschild - February 5, 2015 at 3:00 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Nope - February 5, 2015 at 6:17 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Godschild - February 6, 2015 at 7:22 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Esquilax - February 5, 2015 at 10:23 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Angrboda - February 6, 2015 at 5:46 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Mudhammam - February 6, 2015 at 3:37 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Aoi Magi - February 6, 2015 at 5:55 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by robvalue - February 6, 2015 at 7:27 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Mudhammam - February 6, 2015 at 7:38 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Godschild - February 7, 2015 at 12:54 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Mudhammam - February 7, 2015 at 3:51 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by h4ym4n - February 9, 2015 at 7:17 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by h4ym4n - February 10, 2015 at 7:04 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Tonus - February 10, 2015 at 8:36 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Drich - February 7, 2015 at 12:45 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by robvalue - February 7, 2015 at 5:29 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Godschild - February 7, 2015 at 7:09 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Mudhammam - February 8, 2015 at 12:10 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by Godschild - February 8, 2015 at 10:49 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by dyresand - February 8, 2015 at 11:20 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by robvalue - February 7, 2015 at 11:40 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by robvalue - February 8, 2015 at 5:42 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by robvalue - February 8, 2015 at 11:26 pm
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by robvalue - February 10, 2015 at 8:48 am
RE: Theists, What Do You Get Out of Religion? - by robvalue - February 10, 2015 at 9:16 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 47600 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 20031 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 97276 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2978 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Theists, please describe how you experience your god I_am_not_mafia 161 19243 June 15, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists, Who would You Rather Have as a Neighbor Rhondazvous 23 8239 November 10, 2017 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2957 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions? Little Rik 68 12880 October 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What would you do if you found out Dog existed? Gawdzilla Sama 16 3841 October 7, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 5224 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet