Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 11, 2024, 8:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians : my problem with Christianity, some questions.
RE: Christians : my problem with Christianity, some questions.
(March 25, 2015 at 2:24 am)Irrational Wrote:
(March 24, 2015 at 8:14 pm)Drich Wrote: Ah, no.

Mormons believe the Father had sex with a celestial mother and Jesus was the first born 'spirit' to populate this world. In essence Jesus is of the same stock we all are. Therefore not apart of a triune God.

Oh and the father was a man just like everyone else's at one point a long time ago on another earth like planet.

So again no not like the mormons.

Mormons believe that there are three beings in one "Godhead". How is your description of God different from theirs? Yours doesn't sound Trinitarian to me.
I believe those deity are indeed all God always have been God and always be God, that God has no beginning and no end. That there was nothing greater than God I also believe that God is a title and not a name. They believe that God is the name of the Father/exhuman who literally had a son with some goddess/mother type. Which redefines the word 'God' and the role christ would play as God. Because before the beginning that 'being' was once man, who was awarded God hood by some other deity/power.

Again just so you don't try and "Mormon"/twist what I said. I believe that the God head are titles of three different being who always were and ever will be God. There was none before nor will their ever be any other God.

That is how they are different. Again not simply beings, but eternal (past/present) deities.

(March 24, 2015 at 11:29 am)robvalue Wrote: It's the same God, he's just winding one/both of you up. It's still Morgan Freeman.
Panic
I hope not... I've told a lot of black jokes in my day.

(March 24, 2015 at 11:27 am)JuliaL Wrote: Completely different religions???
No connection? Not the same god?

Pray tell, how is that?

It's a very simple precept.

This precept starts with the defination of the word religion. It is defined as specific patern of Faith and method of worship.

Meaning a religion is man's rights and rituals use to worship God/gods

In OT Judaism worship consists of a strict adhearence to what is identified as "The Law."

In NT Christianity worship is centered around freedom from Jewish practices of worship of said law.

Two complete opposite ways of worship= 2 different religions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christians : my problem with Christianity, some questions. - by Drich - March 26, 2015 at 12:47 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2964 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8193 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My Questions For Christians BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1699 May 13, 2018 at 7:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Some questions for you Joz 16 3455 January 29, 2017 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Athene
  A few questions for Christians... Simon Moon 7 2207 October 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 32398 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The real "Christians answering questions" thread Foxaèr 17 2697 May 6, 2016 at 5:00 am
  The Problem with Christians Foxaèr 1742 212046 May 1, 2016 at 4:44 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 7118 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 52628 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho