RE: New result on Jesus family ossuaries
April 16, 2015 at 12:19 pm
(This post was last modified: April 16, 2015 at 12:29 pm by watchamadoodle.)
(April 16, 2015 at 10:07 am)vorlon13 Wrote: 'cept the Mormons.
They assert Jesus had at least 3 wives.
Wow, I never heard that one. Jesus was a polygamist. Mormonism is more interesting than I realized.

(April 16, 2015 at 10:39 am)Aractus Wrote: That's not true, the Bible mentions his brothers as I named them: Joseph, Judas, James, and Simon. As far as I know the family connections of the 2x Mary's is not clear - they just say "Mary", which Mary's they are is up for debate as is which Joseph it is. One of them could have been his sister for example.
Except an ossuary says "Judas the son of Jesus" which contradicts the standard belief that Jesus was single.
It's like we must invent a family for Jesus by cherry-picking and modifying the Christian traditions, so they match the ossuaries. Then we must apply statistics to say that very few family's had that combination of names, therefore these ossuaries were from the family of gospel Jesus.
Anyway, that is my impression without knowing the facts in detail.

EDIT: If they leave "Judas son of Jesus" out of the statistics, then I suppose it isn't as ridiculous as I stated. They calculate that only N families during that time would have the combination of names (minus Judas), therefore this is probably the family of gospel Jesus, therefore Jesus was married and had a son named Judas. I guess that is what they are arguing?


