Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:16 pm

Poll: Do you defend the duggar family even with all this information against them yes or no?
This poll is closed.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
100.00%
11 100.00%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whoopi speaks out against the duggar family
Whoopi speaks out against the duggar family
She said what everyone was thinking and yes she is right. The hypocrisy of the duggar family was just...
really angering when they say trans and homosexual people are bad and shouldn't be forgiving ye then preach 
forgiveness when they fuck up and stuff from their past comes to the light. 

you can only get this hypocrisy and double standard from Christianity and other Abrahamic beliefs. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/04...15308.html
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Whoopi speaks out against the duggar family
What hypocrisy?

Homosexuality is a sin, and they will be the first to say what their son did was also a sin. Both need forgiveness.
(June 5, 2015 at 9:27 am)Drich Wrote: What hypocrisy?

Homosexuality is a sin, and they will be the first to say what their son did was also a sin. Both need forgiveness.

If that is what you believe then keep it to yourself stop being vocal about it. People now are becoming less and less tolerant of religion being vocal about their beliefs.
Heck you guys pretty lost the 90's generation and on wards. Pretty much you guys are the cause of your own decline because of the stuff like the duggar family and pretty much
every vocal theist is. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Simply vile. Conversation isn't required to demonstrate the moral bankruptcy of Christianity when all I have to do is point at this.
Drich, question. I understand your view of homosexuality as a sin that needs to be forgiven. My question is: is there any sin or series of sins committed over one's life that cannot be forgiven, thus the former sinner ends up in heaven?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 5, 2015 at 9:52 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Drich, question.  I understand your view of homosexuality as a sin that needs to be forgiven.  My question is: is there any sin or series of sins committed over one's life that cannot be forgiven, thus the former sinner ends up in heaven?

Blaspheme of the Holy Spirit is the only sin we can not be forgiven of.

All other sins can fall under the rules of atonement.

That is why it is important to identify Homosexuality as a sin, so the sinner can seek atonement rather than try and justify one's sin.
(June 5, 2015 at 10:01 am)Drich Wrote:
(June 5, 2015 at 9:52 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Drich, question.  I understand your view of homosexuality as a sin that needs to be forgiven.  My question is: is there any sin or series of sins committed over one's life that cannot be forgiven, thus the former sinner ends up in heaven?

That is why it is important to identify Homosexuality as a sin, so the sinner can seek atonement rather than try and justify one's sin.

I understand. Can you give a very summarized account of how one would seek atonement?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 5, 2015 at 9:33 am)dyresand Wrote:

If that is what you believe then keep it to yourself stop being vocal about it. People now are becoming less and less tolerant of religion being vocal about their beliefs.
Heck you guys pretty lost the 90's generation and on wards. Pretty much you guys are the cause of your own decline because of the stuff like the duggar family and pretty much
every vocal theist is. 

You seem to support whoopee in her pointing out the duggars hypocrisy. I asked a question when I said I did not see any hypocrisy. This is your thread. can you demonstrate or at least identify said hypocrisy?
(June 5, 2015 at 10:01 am)Drich Wrote:

Oops

http://atheistforums.org/thread-30063.ht...emy+thread
Even if you believe homosexuality is a sin it's still hypocritical of them to condemn gay people while expecting people to forgive them when one of their tribe does something wrong. They should either live and let live with regards to LGBT people or accept the condemnation of others for their (actual) sins
“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”  - George Carlin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Natural family planning LinuxGal 75 7260 January 1, 2023 at 10:30 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Christian family fined after arguing taxes 'against God's will' zebo-the-fat 19 2083 July 23, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2739 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Disappointing my family Der/die AtheistIn 9 1744 December 23, 2017 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Mother Marches Through Target With Her Family To Protest Transgender Bathroom Policy" TubbyTubby 6 1668 May 17, 2016 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: abaris
  How would you suggest going about dealing with an ignorant extended family member GoHalos1993 21 3708 January 1, 2016 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  New result on Jesus family ossuaries watchamadoodle 20 4779 April 16, 2015 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Dealing with Religious Family wolfclan96 22 4752 January 16, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: wolfclan96
  Respecting Christian family and friends watchamadoodle 70 11670 December 17, 2014 at 9:48 am
Last Post: watchamadoodle
  Selling off the Family Silver Fidel_Castronaut 8 3843 July 31, 2014 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Dystopia