Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 7:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility
RE: Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility
(April 29, 2015 at 3:11 am)Pandæmonium Wrote:
(April 26, 2015 at 7:40 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Nothing on this? Would of thought AF would be all over a topic like this...

I mean I even mentioned gun laws.

so seeing ghettoisation here in the UK shouldn't be a surprise, and it's something we definitely haveseen in several towns and cities. People of Pakistani and Bangladeshi origin tend to be the lowest performing in education and have higher rates of poverty than any other demographic. There are constant attempts to reach into those communities to try and uplift them into integrating into the rest of society (I'm talking in parsimonious terms here, the actual politics is rather more nuanced), but the results have been poor. No real increase in integration, and no real breakthrough in breaking down the barriers between these communities.

Partly this is because government, both local and national, have given with one hand and taken with the other (animosity towards the PREVENT agenda which is seen in some communities as trying to create Uncle Toms), but the other reason is a victim mentality amongst some influential members of given communities on government action and intervention (and of course the media). There are numerous examples of this, such as the Trojan horse scandal in Birmingham schools, with influential members within some Asian constituencies claiming it was a government conspiracy against them and an attempt to tarnish their communities, despite the fact that the people who were most vocal about extremism within these schools were themselves members of those communities and teachers within those schools.
I completely agree.

This to me, unlike black people in America, is self-inflicted. It's members of the Muslim community isolating themselves because they are too stubborn to adopt British values. I've come across many successful British Asians of Muslim background, but the ones who are successful are almost always the ones who have secularised. They are still very much Muslim and take it seriously, but not to where they're cut off from everyone else.

Britain is racist, I'm not going to deny it, we do have a history of it. However, generally speaking the Afro-Caribbeans, Africans, the Hindu and Sikh Indians, and the East Asians all get by relatively better in the UK, without coming into such frequent conflict with British people and values. It's not always a perfect fit and there is racism against these groups too certainly, but they do usually fit in better and have become accepted integrated British subcultures. These Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities haven't achieved that, they're still seen as totally foreign on British soil, and it says more about Islam than it does Britain in my opinion.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility - by Regina - April 29, 2015 at 8:37 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1367 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 10358 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Does the positive side of tribalism/racism outshine the negative side? Greatest I am 58 2270 August 13, 2020 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 2187 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Black lives matter WinterHold 49 3540 June 10, 2020 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 2068 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Race baiting is economic racism Rickimoto 3 482 April 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Race baiting, economic reasons. But why isnt it defined as racism? Rickimoto 4 546 April 1, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Stop Re litigating 2016 liberals /OP ED. Brian37 66 5314 February 21, 2019 at 7:59 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2529 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU