Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 5, 2026, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Honest Question to Atheists - Best Argument?
#4
RE: Honest Question to Atheists - Best Argument?
(July 17, 2015 at 2:02 am)SamS Wrote: Has there ever been a Christian argument, or something a Christian said, that made you, for even a split second, question whether your current atheistic stance is right?

Even if the argument turned out to be completely fabricated or disprovable, did it at the very least draw you closer to believing the Bible is God's Word and all that such a belief entails?

If not, has there ever been an argument that you didn't know how to answer, or that surprised you  against your expectations?

Not looking for "All Christian arguments are idiotic" replies. This is an honest question.

Some of the better pre-sup arguments can be very compelling, and very difficult to unpack.  Ultimately though, that an argument is compelling is no indication of whether or not it is sound or valid.  To be fair, my "current atheistic stance" on christianity is right by default.....so there's not really any room for argument, and there's only a black mark on apologetics insomuch as it has failed to convince me of christianity -because- it's wasted it's time trying to prove christ (or god) exists. My dog Pongo exists, that's not enough for me to bend the knee to Pongo.........

How about you, has there ever been something [insert competing religion here] said that made you doubt your "current theistic stance"?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Honest Question to Atheists - Best Argument? - by SamS - July 17, 2015 at 2:02 am
RE: Honest Question to Atheists - Best Argument? - by The Grand Nudger - July 17, 2015 at 3:02 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credible/Honest Apologetics? TheJefe817 212 62296 August 8, 2022 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Objection to Kalam Cosmological Argument mrj 5 1754 January 20, 2020 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 6301 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hello Atheists, Agnostic here, and I would love to ask you a question about NDEs Vaino-Eesti 33 11247 April 8, 2017 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Tokikot
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 10572 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Need an argument answered GTR-1 21 6620 August 30, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My argument against God(s) & omnipresence ErGingerbreadMandude 8 3894 June 2, 2016 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Shadow_Man
  There is no argument for the existence of "God" Kitan Etos 38 14056 March 15, 2016 at 8:50 am
Last Post: popsthebuilder
  Just pointing out the stupidity of this argument Heat 29 11105 January 7, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  C.S. Lewis and the Argument From Morality Jenny A 15 9314 August 3, 2015 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Jenny A



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)