Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 5, 2026, 10:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Honest Question to Atheists - Best Argument?
#19
RE: Honest Question to Atheists - Best Argument?
If I had to pick an argument which is the nearest thing to convincing, I'd go with the fine tuning argument. It's about 0.01% convincing, whereas every other argument I've ever heard is firmly at 0%.

And it still only points to a deistic God, which I couldn't care less about. That's the thing. Even if any religion is "true", whatever that means, I don't care. I'll carry on as I do now. I'm happy with how I live my life. I'm confident a good God would be happy with me, and any other God can fuck off. There seems to be a general assumption that if someone could convince me of their God, I'd worship it. Not so.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Honest Question to Atheists - Best Argument? - by SamS - July 17, 2015 at 2:02 am
RE: Honest Question to Atheists - Best Argument? - by robvalue - July 17, 2015 at 5:35 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credible/Honest Apologetics? TheJefe817 212 62303 August 8, 2022 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Objection to Kalam Cosmological Argument mrj 5 1754 January 20, 2020 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 6305 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hello Atheists, Agnostic here, and I would love to ask you a question about NDEs Vaino-Eesti 33 11247 April 8, 2017 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Tokikot
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 10579 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Need an argument answered GTR-1 21 6621 August 30, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My argument against God(s) & omnipresence ErGingerbreadMandude 8 3896 June 2, 2016 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Shadow_Man
  There is no argument for the existence of "God" Kitan Etos 38 14061 March 15, 2016 at 8:50 am
Last Post: popsthebuilder
  Just pointing out the stupidity of this argument Heat 29 11105 January 7, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  C.S. Lewis and the Argument From Morality Jenny A 15 9314 August 3, 2015 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Jenny A



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)