Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"White Noise": The Guide To The Insulting Deflector.
RE: "White Noise": The Guide To The Insulting Deflector.
(July 29, 2012 at 1:32 am)Shell B Wrote: Swaying them to your opinion is irrelevant. At any rate, I do not think the point of this forum is for readers. We are doing it for ourselves. This is a place for people to talk to each other. We are not the Alexandrian library of theism and atheism.

While it may not be censorship, it is condescending. Who are you or anyone else to say what is mature and what is not? Is telling adults how to behave in an open forum mature? Is passive aggressive asides telling others how immature they are whilst engaging in the same nonsense mature? Is wasting time debating with someone who is never, ever going to actually debate you mature? We all have different ideas of what is acceptable and what is not. In this forum, the only ideas that matter are the rules. Beyond that, people are free to behave as they want and free to be called out for it, particularly if they are being insulting.

If we do it for ourselves then we may as well talk at a balloon with a face on it. If you are your own standard by which you judge your own argument then isn't that falling into the same trap you accuse your opponents of falling into?

No-ones telling anyone how to behave. I am simply stating that reducing an argument to insults and anger is counter-productive to following a line of reasoning and questioning. In the case of the insulting deflector it plays straight into his hands. Forcing an insulting deflector into a retreat sends a message that this method does not work. That satisfaction will not be gained from it. If the message is issued enough times it may actually get through.
I would class the trading of barbs to be immature, perhaps you do not agree. Regardless this is how I choose to describe such behaviour, this saves me time when discussing it.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "White Noise": The Guide To The Insulting Deflector. - by Reforged - July 29, 2012 at 1:40 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That Amateur White Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 9 906 May 9, 2022 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Old white GOP toys...... Brian37 1 272 February 23, 2021 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Case for Snow White’s resurrection Fake Messiah 12 2039 March 10, 2020 at 8:34 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Not The White House Correspondence Din Brian37 0 203 April 28, 2019 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  America's Top 40 White Nationalist billboard. Brian37 0 257 October 8, 2018 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Does Hammy Make White Girls Blush Easily? Edwardo Piet 8 1248 May 5, 2018 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Joods
  A Handy Guide to Sexual Harassment Shell B 8 909 January 23, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Joods
  I'm thinking of buy one of these noise bags? ignoramus 4 1832 February 17, 2017 at 10:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Existence: A Guide Kayenneh 0 770 February 28, 2014 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  White people vs black people reaction to magic Fidel_Castronaut 3 2085 July 25, 2013 at 5:32 am
Last Post: GodIsDead