Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm no longer a christian, how do I break this to my parents?
RE: I'm no longer a christian, how do I break this to my parents?
I don't see the need for secrecy. What can possibly happen? My parents know I don't believe in God as a being but I'm still an altar boy. I don't think parents are that immature. I have read of cases of Christians in the Bible Belt - the fundy kind and they are nasty. If your parents are the fundy kind, then don't tell them. They'll make you handle a venomous snake or something - I read about a church that had someone killed by a snake because they thought God would save them. But if your parents aren't the fundy kind, then by all means tell them. They'll probably have a good laugh over it or better still, they might tell you they don't believe either. My parents couldn't care two hoots whether God was alive or dead or non-existent. If you asked my mum if she believed God really existed, she'd say she didn't know and she didn't bloody care. She'd just think you're rude because polite people don't talk about religion. But doing religious rituals is more a culture and they'd be a little surprised if a child refuses to attend church because he didn't believe in God. My mother would say "But everybody doesn't believe in God so what's the harm in attending church?" If Godschild were my dad, no way would I tell him. He'll probably give me a good hiding until I tell him I believe in bloody Jesus as God and I'm not being facetious here because "bloody Jesus" is good theology - go ask any priest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm no longer a christian, how do I break this to my parents? - by greneknight - September 10, 2012 at 11:47 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89326 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5688 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22995 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 27279 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6078 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Parents Charged in Beating Death of Son at Church JesusHChrist 56 9449 October 22, 2015 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Pentecostal Parents Mister Agenda 30 9157 October 15, 2015 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Girl dies of stupid parents Jacob(smooth) 401 50012 January 30, 2015 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Thackerie
  In order for Jesus to change your soul first he has to break your spirit. Zidneya 6 2324 August 1, 2014 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7425 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM