Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there anyone else who has beliefs that are both conservative and liberal?
is there anyone else who has beliefs that are both conservative and liberal?
whenever I come on to forums, this forum, christian forums, mustang forums, etc

the majority of the people on each forum pretty much all agree on the same beliefs.

ie: the liberals on christian forum are pro choice, pro lgbt, etc

where as the consies are all pro guns, pro life, etc

but i seem to like not align 100% with either group, though I guess im more liberal. it seems liberal Christians believe more in 'the free will concept' rather than conservative Christians, but im anything but conservative christian, yet i do not believe in free will.

so what should i do? because in the liberal section of CF they all pretty much have the same beliefs and they also got a moderate section, but even most of those people believe in the same things, and im way more liberal than moderate. so i hang out in liberal section but i feel like im the only one in the planet who believes the things i do which is very frustrating.

an example here, even though there's no 'official criteria' for atheism, almost everyone here i talk to is against 'alternative medicine' and is a skeptic and doesn't believe in an afterlife....although i hear the only req to be atheist is not believe in god, but seems like still people carry similar beliefs with their groups.

so do u think there are people out there like me with same beliefs? what would you call it?

what are all the beliefs and stances? basically out of all the ones i know:

im pro choice
im ok with gay people
i dont like guns
i like big government
i dont like the jail system
i like conservative clothes
i dont like tattoos and piercings
i dont like drugs
i like socialized healthcare

what else is there?

as far as religious stuff, i do kinda believe in a god but not really any religon ones, and i do believe in heaven and stuff but not necessarily christian ones.

Messages In This Thread
is there anyone else who has beliefs that are both conservative and liberal? - by leodeo - March 6, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone else get deconverted by a single sentence? Astonished 67 9173 July 20, 2023 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  There are no "isms" just beliefs and positions. Brian37 14 1203 September 1, 2021 at 5:19 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A question about atheistic “beliefs” (opinions, guesses, etc.) Frank Apisa 252 15683 June 30, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3020 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is wrong with theistic beliefs? Whateverist 65 7053 November 30, 2018 at 5:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Has anyone here deconverted because of AF? Jehanne 21 4175 July 20, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Conservative Atheism Hammok Man 65 22536 June 29, 2017 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Smile Where else? Little Rik 264 32647 October 22, 2016 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Why people afraid to ask questions about their beliefs? Torin 21 4478 August 13, 2016 at 1:08 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheist/liberal correlation Imaginaryfriendless 347 22654 August 3, 2016 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet