Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 3:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going On Hiatus- Religion is Still Silly
Going On Hiatus- Religion is Still Silly
So, things are just getting more busy with work and studies and with that comes with the importance of prioritization. So...with that, FB and many of my forum lurking will be coming down to a minimum but before I commit to this hiatus I would like to present perhaps a stress free solution for the lonely atheist in a very religious America (or particular part of America.)

So, as most of you might remember or assume...I was pretty angry when leaving Mormonism. In fact, I sometimes still am. Not only at mormonism but the idea of religion and overt religion in particular. But it doesn't have to be that way.

Religion is silly. Religion is a joke. Religion is frantic. And religion is pervasive, and likely will be long after my years.

We must treat religion as such. At times we must be the avenger, other times the conformist, and other times the diplomat. But as the atheist...we have the upper hand. This religious game is calculable and predictable. It is not difficult to please the religious and it is also not difficult to displease the religious. There is always a perfect medium.

My point is...the game is ours too take. We don't play their game...they play ours. Have the mind of an opportunist. As long as it does not hurt you or another person...you have everything to gain!

IE: If your grandma bitches about your atheism...go to church with her one Sunday...she might shut up for a bit. -That's the diplomat.

IE: If religion insists on being in schools and avoiding scientific fact, be like Richard Dawkins. - That's the avenger.

IE: If you live in a circumstance where your life depends on faith...conform until you reach safety. - That's the conformist.

They may be able to sway your action...but never your thought. The game can be played until we are happy. So be happy! Religious fundamentalism will fall. Science deniers will fail. Science and humanism will prevail.

So play the game. The religious cannot control you...but you can make them think they can. Wink

Anyways...that's just my feel good thoughts at the moment.

For now, if you would like to maintain contact if it is just to chat or whatever...PM me! I'd love to develop a friendship or two. I'll be checking in a few times this week so we can maybe swap emails, skype, or any social media platform!

Take care and remember: Jesus Loves You... Wink
"Just call me Bruce Wayne. I'd rather be Batman."

Messages In This Thread
Going On Hiatus- Religion is Still Silly - by LivingNumbers - February 11, 2015 at 12:29 am
RE: Going On Hiatus- Religion is Still Silly - by robvalue - February 11, 2015 at 2:45 am
RE: Going On Hiatus- Religion is Still Silly - by Aisha - February 11, 2015 at 7:10 am
RE: Going On Hiatus- Religion is Still Silly - by robvalue - February 11, 2015 at 7:46 am
RE: Going On Hiatus- Religion is Still Silly - by dyresand - February 11, 2015 at 9:15 am
RE: Going On Hiatus- Religion is Still Silly - by Alex K - February 11, 2015 at 9:17 am
RE: Going On Hiatus- Religion is Still Silly - by Minimalist - February 11, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1484 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  People are not 'Going to Hell' - they're already in Hell. The Kreisel 22 2448 February 18, 2021 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it Nihilist Virus 330 31645 March 5, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4395 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Yeah, not going to happen!! Mystic 29 4826 October 18, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Silly Atheists. Mystic 78 8543 October 10, 2018 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Why am I still worrying about coming out as atheist? Der/die AtheistIn 48 5571 February 11, 2018 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  How are you going to commit to the war on Christmas? Fidel_Castronaut 108 26150 January 4, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Would I still be an atheist if I believed this? SuperSentient 21 3573 March 23, 2017 at 3:15 am
Last Post: SuperSentient
  You can be an atheist and still follow the ten commandments as guidelines ErGingerbreadMandude 48 9764 January 30, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie