Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why am I still worrying about coming out as atheist?
Why am I still worrying about coming out as atheist?
I don't plan to come out now, my family isn't fundamentalist and I like being atheist. Why do I still worry about coming out then? I keep telling myself I shouldn't, but my unconscious mind still worries from time to time.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: Why am I still worrying about coming out as atheist?
(February 3, 2018 at 10:23 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: I don't plan to come out now, my family isn't fundamentalist and I like being atheist. Why do I still worry about coming out then? I keep telling myself I shouldn't, but my unconscious mind still worries from time to time.

If you are still depending on your parents for financial support, you have to take that into account unfortunately. But the good thing is when you are on your own in the future, it won't be as much of a concern.

Just keep yourself out of trouble, save your money and do the best you can.
(February 3, 2018 at 10:46 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 3, 2018 at 10:23 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: I don't plan to come out now, my family isn't fundamentalist and I like being atheist. Why do I still worry about coming out then? I keep telling myself I shouldn't, but my unconscious mind still worries from time to time.

If you are still depending on your parents for financial support, you have to take that into account unfortunately. But the good thing is when you are on your own in the future, it won't be as much of a concern.

Just keep yourself out of trouble, save your money and do the best you can.

O.K. Thank you very much! Smile
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin

Atheism is a guess.
There is no evidence that God doesn't exist so deep within your mind there is something that tell your outer mind...........DON'T BELIEVE IN THAT TYPE OF GUESSING MY DEAR.........so you come to face two opposite situations that is why there is clash in your mind.

Now is up to you whether you listen to the outer mind or to the inner mind.  Rolleyes

My guess is that the inner mind at the end always come out as winner even if it take thousand lives before that happen.  Indubitably
(February 3, 2018 at 10:52 am)Little Rik Wrote:

Atheism is a guess.
There is no evidence that God doesn't exist so deep within your mind there is something that tell your outer mind...........DON'T BELIEVE IN THAT TYPE OF GUESSING MY DEAR.........so you come to face two opposite situations that is why there is clash in your mind.

Now is up to you whether you listen to the outer mind or to the inner mind.  Rolleyes

My guess is that the inner mind at the end always come out as winner even if it take thousand lives before that happen.  Indubitably

Says "Atheism is a guess." Then ends his post with a guess. Well done Little Rik.
(February 3, 2018 at 10:52 am)Little Rik Wrote:

Atheism is a guess.

I am sorry it bothers believers that atheists don't buy their claims, but too bad. I think Die is quite capable of doing fine.
(February 3, 2018 at 10:55 am)Cod Wrote:
(February 3, 2018 at 10:52 am)Little Rik Wrote: Atheism is a guess.

Says "Atheism is a guess." Then ends his post with a guess. Well done Little Rik.

When I have a guess I do admit it.
Most atheists on the other hand refuse to admit that atheism is based on pure 100% guess.

Can't you see the gap?  I'm all ears!
(February 3, 2018 at 11:12 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(February 3, 2018 at 10:55 am)Cod Wrote: Says "Atheism is a guess." Then ends his post with a guess. Well done Little Rik.

Most atheists on the other hand refuse to admit that atheism is based on pure 100% guess.

Nope. 

Gap filling is what theism is. 

"Off" is not presuming anything, it is simply "off". Just like a light switch.
(February 3, 2018 at 11:12 am)Little Rik Wrote: When I have a guess I do admit it.
So according to your way of thinking, its pure 100% guess that Susan Sarandon isn't 4" tall and living in a small condominium which is accessed through a portal located behind my refrigerator. I mean I'm pretty sure there isn't a portal behind my refrigerator which leads to the condo of a 4" tall famous actress, but how I can I really be sure? According to you, the best I can do is guess.
(February 3, 2018 at 11:12 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(February 3, 2018 at 10:55 am)Cod Wrote: Says "Atheism is a guess." Then ends his post with a guess. Well done Little Rik.

You have no evidence for your fucking god, you shithead.  Yours is not a guess.... it is a delusion.

Grow up, son.  It's the 21st century and no one needs your fucking gods anymore.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coming Out TheJefe817 8 1135 April 1, 2023 at 4:36 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1457 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it Nihilist Virus 330 30195 March 5, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  (Sensitivity required) Coming out to someone SlowCalculations 12 1751 October 27, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  List of religious end times/Second coming of Jesus predictions purplepurpose 13 4169 November 22, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If the Bible is false, why are its prophecies coming true? pgardner2358 3 1639 June 9, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  It's coming up to that time of year again... The Valkyrie 40 12155 September 23, 2017 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Who reacted the worst when you "came out" as an Atheist? godlessheatheness 45 4768 April 7, 2017 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Would I still be an atheist if I believed this? SuperSentient 21 3547 March 23, 2017 at 3:15 am
Last Post: SuperSentient
  You can be an atheist and still follow the ten commandments as guidelines ErGingerbreadMandude 48 9665 January 30, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie