Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 1:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I never was a Christian in the first place
RE: Why I never was a Christian in the first place
(March 1, 2015 at 12:46 pm)Drich Wrote:
Quote:Well, that part is never explained... but that's not the point. The point is we're sinful beings in need of a savior. The reason we're sinful beings is because an ancestor of mine ate a magic fruit after speaking with a talking snake and that brought "sin" into the world because...
becuase God wanted us to have choice. If their is only God's will then their is no Choice. Sin is the alternative to God's expressed will. It is our option to God's will.

A choice to do what?

Quote:Well, that part isn't explained either... but that's not the point. The point is we should admit we're sinners worthy of Hell because people should be punished for the crimes of their ancestors because...
ROFLOL Ahhh, no. You are seeking attonement for your sin. Not the sins of your fathers.[/quote]

But according to your faith, your god made everyone so that they will automatically sin because of the Adam's decision in the garden. So Deist's point stands no matter how much you try to dance around it.

Quote:Well, that part is a little outdated, isn't it... but that's not the point. The point is that Jesus loves you. He loves you so much. And if you don't accept him as your lord he'll torture you for all eternity.
define your use of the word Love. Because the bible use of the word "Agape" agape is about respect, not the feeling you seem to be speaking about. So in your statement replace the word and idea of 'love' with the word respect, and then see how it read[/quote]

Jesus respects us so much that we will be tortured for an eternity? How is that better?

Quote:Oh dear, that sounds less like love and more like an abusive spouse, doesn't it?
it sounds like someone who paid a great price and demands that one acknoweledge it before they benfit from it./
Quote:It sounds like an abusive, sociopathic spouse.

[quote]Well, that's not the point. The point is that Jesus demands worship like a megalomaniac and yet shyly hides behind a curtain instead of taking center stage like such a personality would be expected to. It's almost like some people just made up these rules to suit their agenda to gain more followers with false promises about an afterlife that can't be verified.
Quote:Verification is comming brother maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow , but soon and for eternity,Wink

Isn't this like the old saying, The check is in the mail?

By the way, I hope you are doing well, Drich. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I never was a Christian in the first place - by Pizza - February 28, 2015 at 3:38 am
RE: Why I never was a Christian in the first place - by Nope - February 28, 2015 at 1:52 pm
RE: Why I never was a Christian in the first place - by Nope - February 28, 2015 at 2:14 pm
RE: Why I never was a Christian in the first place - by Nope - March 1, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Never-Ending and Quite Exasperating Debate We All Know of Leonardo17 7 320 April 10, 2024 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why are you (still) a Christian? FrustratedFool 304 19713 September 29, 2023 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Most People Insist That Two Separate Being Can Never Be One KerimF 86 4951 June 17, 2023 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why is Jesus in third place when he deserves first? Greatest I am 25 4735 September 22, 2020 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 90549 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Secret hiding place for ancient christians Foxaèr 20 2431 May 11, 2018 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Truer Words Were Never Spoken Minimalist 9 2564 April 23, 2018 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2896 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why i became a protestant Christian Rispri 34 6864 February 16, 2017 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Christians never murdered anybody mcolafson 22 3637 December 15, 2016 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: vorlon13