Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most People Insist That Two Separate Being Can Never Be One
Most People Insist That Two Separate Being Can Never Be One
This insistence arose mainly when people discuss Jesus’ saying: “I and 'the' Father are one”. (A side note: Jesus didn't say I and 'my' Father are one).  

I am a rational realist man who cannot follow what some others may insist on without looking around and see if what they insist on could be real or not.
I simply found out that the answer of the question “Could two separate real living beings become just one?” is not only a big YES, but it happens daily thousands of times, if not millions. I guess you know how, unless some of you didn’t have the chance to know the entire natural process by which a human baby could be born.

So, if in the material world this can happen, besides the possible existence of real friendship (discussed on my previous thread), what makes this saying to sound as being a supernatural matter, as claimed by all formal Christian Churches around the world?

I like adding, if it happens that I couldn’t have the chance to be a rational independent man who doesn’t base his knowledge on what others (mainly if they are of a certain powerful rich group, religious or political) may say, I would have no choice but to be an atheist (or agnostic?).
Anyway, I also can’t call myself Christian because I knew Jesus based on my logical reasoning only, not by having faith in him. I guess it is well known that a formal Christian is supposed to believe in Jesus (The Savior) based solely on faith, as Pagans do towards their Idols. I am just an independent student of Jesus.
Answering: What is my point?
https://atheistforums.org/thread-49852.html
RE: Most People Insist That Two Separate Being Can Never Be One
You have any kids?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 20, 2023 at 8:59 am)KerimF Wrote:

I am just an independent student of Jesus.

Have you give away all of your possessions? Hehe
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 20, 2023 at 9:15 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: You have any kids?

Good question.
If you mean a kid of my blood, no I don’t have.
If you mean a kid who sees in me also as his father, then yes. Now, he is 45, married and got a son.
(May 20, 2023 at 9:22 am)brewer Wrote:
(May 20, 2023 at 8:59 am)KerimF Wrote:

I am just an independent student of Jesus.

Have you give away all of your possessions? Hehe

Yes, unless you mean I have to be naked with no dresses on me Big Grin
This village has too many idiots.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 20, 2023 at 9:51 am)Angrboda Wrote: This village has too many idiots.

Fortunately, this village has some fantastic non-idiot persons, like you are. Naturally, it has to be very proud of having you.

Oh sorry, I forgot you see me just an idiot, so what I wrote on the first line has to be lunatic, at least to you Sad
(May 20, 2023 at 9:30 am)KerimF Wrote:
(May 20, 2023 at 9:15 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: You have any kids?

Good question.
If you mean a kid of my blood, no I don’t have.
If you mean a kid who sees in me also as his father, then yes. Now, he is 45, married and got a son.

When was the last time you became one?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The good news is that it seems that all here (so far) know for sure there is no mystery at all (to a theist or atheist) whenever two separate living beings are unified and become just one.

This is the point of this thread. A real human is whoever can trust that his given human intelligence has no limit. In fact, this is the hardest thing for a human can do.
It happened that, about 2000 years ago, this sort of trust was given as the greatest advice that a human can take advantage of.
[Image: 7mhmn8.jpg]

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/mereology/
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Never-Ending and Quite Exasperating Debate We All Know of Leonardo17 7 211 April 10, 2024 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 561 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Two-Source Hypthothesis LinuxGal 2 332 September 4, 2023 at 9:11 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Two verses on hell from the bible purplepurpose 7 638 June 15, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two audio books for Christians (and, everyone else) Jehanne 3 572 January 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Two wrongs make a right Graufreud 19 1736 July 21, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Truer Words Were Never Spoken Minimalist 9 2460 April 23, 2018 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20242 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Two More Xhristard Assholes Killed Their Kid Minimalist 17 4547 June 25, 2017 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  There are ONLY two types of Christians! 21stCenturyIconoclast! 60 13732 June 22, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie