Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 4:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Billion pounds for Syrian aid given by David Cameron.
RE: 2 Billion pounds for Syrian aid given by David Cameron.
Not you, man, lol.  The people who might be interested in selling you such a narrative...that "more foreign aid = less medical services for natives".  That's simply not true.  

There are very few 1st world countries that exist right now, the US included...that don't have others to thank for foreign aid.  It' never been easy to let go of that money, and it;s never been the case that it -couldn't- have been spent at home.  In the example you offered, we could have made more money on that loan by granting it to ourselves at our own higher interest rates....lets not pretend that it wasn't a helping hand.  It was a handout with dignity - and we bought more than the interest with it, eh (and the dignity bit appears to have been an empty promise)? That's ignoring the larger lend lease program and our clandestine running of material into a warzone of which we were not yet participants, ofc.

This aid to syria is not a loan, but it's meant to purchase something, make no mistake, they need it...and relative to them...you don't. It's not -actually- the cause of your failing hospitals, schools, or police... nor is it ever likely to become the cause of your failing hospitals, schools, or police.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 Billion pounds for Syrian aid given by David Cameron. - by The Grand Nudger - February 5, 2016 at 8:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  David Brooks in the NY Times on Trump's inaugural day Whateverist 9 1922 January 20, 2017 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  What Kind of Genius Loses A Billion Dollars? Minimalist 30 4256 October 7, 2016 at 12:27 am
Last Post: InquiringMind
  What's $100 billion among friends? Minimalist 18 2603 February 28, 2016 at 12:22 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Cameron wants to bring back fox hunting robvalue 30 5655 July 31, 2015 at 4:59 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What's your view about the Syrian war Ramy 6 1245 January 2, 2015 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  David Koch Heywood 34 5221 December 16, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  10 Pounds of Stupid in a 3 Pound Bag. Minimalist 11 2149 August 1, 2014 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  David Icke Lemonvariable72 6 1844 January 5, 2014 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: StuW
  DHS purchases 1.6 billion hollow point rounds. JohnDG 21 6849 January 11, 2013 at 5:02 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Sins Of General David Petraeus Silas Stingy 22 6245 November 12, 2012 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Something completely different