Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 4:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Problem of Evil combined with the problem of Free Will
RE: The Problem of Evil combined with the problem of Free Will
(June 1, 2017 at 3:33 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Sure, and I'm not really arguing any point with you, only noticing that thios very darkness is what you seek to avoid by squeezing the god lemon.  If there were no god...you'd just cease to exist.  You're hoping for more (in fact you're sure of it).
It's no longer hope, I seen and experienced all I need to know what is coming. What this life for me now is preparing for what is to come.

Quote:  At the same time...some part of you probably fears gods judgement for this and that.
I fear God. His judgement was something Christ had to condend with on my behalf.

Quote: At least sometime.  It;s a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario with respect to the prospect of deaths difficulty, in your case.
actually is only dammed if you do nothing.

Quote:It;s just that none of that, absolutely none of it..is going on in -my- head.
Big Grin which is why your able to lay it out so well. because you've given no thought to any of this :thumbsup:

Meanwhile I only think about this stuff when one of your 'contented' peers asks a question like what started this thread.

Quote:Yeah, that hell you describe as nothingness, not demons poking people with sticks.
That nothingness was Hell fire sport. It was creation/matter being consumed by.. antimatter/oppsite of creation. Everyone was in pain including the demons and satan. Hell is not satan's realm this world will be if not already is.

Quote:So, again, no point in arguing, just making an observation. You want to avoid that.
Yes I did and have made the necessary steps in order for that not to happen.

Quote:  There are two ways to end up like that..god existing -or- not existing, but only one way to end up in heaven...god existing and letting you in.
There is a long and winding road between death and oblivion that goes through Hell. Remember I only made is as far as the gates and damn near lost my mind. The torment is not forever as the bible only describes satan having been given that 'reward.' however I can only imagine a just God intentionally prolonging our stay in hell in direct accordance with how evil we were. For example I would think Hitler's stay in Hell would be for far longer than one of you dbags who's biggest sin is not being able to leave another boy's b-hole alone. And again I don't know if the elements of our soul remain but consciousness or is completely consumed or if we are just consumed/obliterated. The difference being the blissful unawareness of anything, and some part of your being smoldering forever.

eaning I had a personal sense of my higher thought processes being lost to insanity and then nothing, and yet a part of me remained. the animalistic primitive reactionary side remained. To be punished further to be consumed/obliterated idk. That was when I was pull out of there.

Quote:Cool story?  It just doesn't change that fact that I don't feel the way you feel, fear what you fear, or believe what you believe..so your comment regarding ease of death simply doesn't apply to me.  None of the necessary conditions are true, of me...no matter how true they may be of you.
But again fear is not rational. so then how can you rationally work out how you will feel till you stand before or even get cast into the abyss?
Again I has no fear of hell because I thought the soul had no physical feelings. Therefore I wanted to fight God as I had no fear of Him or Hell.

Quote:Well actually now that I know what to expect and have properly prepared for death I would like to think I should welcome it when it comes for me.
As I have no fear of oblivion nor judgement.
Good luck maintaining that view.

Quote:What judgement day?  What defense.  I doubt that I'll have to inform the lord of creation of anything regarding myself or my life if I ever met the schmuck.  He should already know, being the lord of creation and whatnot.  There's nothing I -can- do to effect that judgement, or trick that god..or whatever the hell it is you think atheists are planning on doing....the thought having crossed your own christ-addled mind?  
The defense isn't for him, it's for you.
It is like in mat 5 "Lord, Lord didn't we do abc/xyz for you???"

Quote:Okay?  And?  What I;ve been trying to explain to you..is that no amount of any of these stories being true has an effect on me or my position....so no amount of testimonials, from you, is going to speak to anything that would apply to me.  

Again now, I've faced both.
what when have you faced anything? discussing how to slay a dragon is not facing and slaying the dragon.

Quote: I know where I stand and what I believe.
Again your untested, so how can you with a modicum of truth pretend to know where you stand or what you believe.

Quote:There is no fear.
Again until you are stood before the pit how can you say you will know no fear?

Quote:Hey, we finally made it to the important part, describing all the ways that drich is holier than khem.  Well....no shit?  You;re kind of the believer of the bunch, right?

[quote]
Sure, fear can make people do strange things.  Is that how the god of love and mercy plans to bring me to the fold?  Scare me into doing what it wants..like some common waterboarder?  
He is my God of mercy, to you He is the God of wrath and righteousness.
Mercy because He has given me a pass on the wrath.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Problem of Evil combined with the problem of Free Will - by Drich - June 2, 2017 at 10:38 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evil God and anti-theodicy FrustratedFool 32 2640 August 21, 2023 at 9:28 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Do people make evil? Interaktive 7 738 August 8, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Atheism, Gnosticism & the Problem of Evil Seax 86 6160 April 7, 2021 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  [Serious] Good vs Evil Losty 84 10657 March 8, 2021 at 4:33 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2611 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Why some humans are so evil: double standards and irreligion WinterHold 124 20519 January 28, 2018 at 5:38 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible Face2face 56 15686 November 16, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  The forces of good and evil are related Foxaèr 11 3583 October 2, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 21277 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 17 3874 November 29, 2016 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe