Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian best friend asks me to reconsider
RE: Christian best friend asks me to reconsider
(June 11, 2017 at 12:06 am)Industrial Lad Wrote: Hope you can figure that out Jamie. I haven't gone out and told anyone from my old church about my being an atheist, but I do get notifications from blasphemous Industrial bands that I think they can see.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Yeah, for me I feel it will cause more pain for them than good. I remember when I was a christian how worried and desperate I was to get people to know about eternity. 
A made up letter that was used in a sermon comes to mind: 
I'm in heaven and I receive a letter from a friend thats not saved and ended up in hell. The letter was sooooo sad I always cried. She pleads "Why did you not tell me of christ when we were together so often? She lists all the beautiful bonding experiences we shared on earth and keeps asking "WHY?"  It's riddled with guilt and it always worked on me. Well she's burning in hell so these were valid questions. 
My family, my dad mostly, are driven by these fears and pray constantly for my salvation. Sometimes I just say I'm good and happy, but that's not enough because eternity is lurking around the corner. Ugh.
I was a born-again christian for many years then I got woke.. and now life is better in so many ways. It's taking me time to see my value and find my voice, but the reward is liberating knowing my path is not dictated or controlled by fear of death and the unknown.  Casting off the shackles of religion is pretty fucking awesome. The beautiful people I've met on this forum have more heart and compassion than any group of people I've been apart of. So back off Jesus and followers, because this bitch is done with Chu.  Shy 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christian best friend asks me to reconsider - by Anon2381 - June 12, 2017 at 9:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation [Serious] How Do I Help My Friend? ReptilianPeon 47 6116 August 22, 2019 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  A friend of mine posted this on Facebook and couldn't help but laugh GODZILLA 28 5006 March 23, 2018 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Amarok
  I called a friend who is a believer... Old Baby 150 26360 January 15, 2016 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Religious friend dumps pile of shit in my facebook inbox. Too thick to tear apart. DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 28 8499 November 30, 2015 at 4:44 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Question from my friend about existence of God timbangu 33 7899 November 3, 2015 at 2:38 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  A Mystic Friend bearheart 50 12072 October 27, 2014 at 1:10 am
Last Post: bearheart
  A friend said peace in the middle east is soon and god will return? masterx1234 25 5427 July 21, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  A Church's Best Friend Michael Schubert 11 4404 December 9, 2013 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Michael Schubert
  Apathy, gods best friend Chuff 10 5698 August 8, 2012 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Jesus is NOT the reason for the season. A Pagan friend of mine posted this on FB: LarissaAnn 4 3032 December 12, 2011 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Nappeun