Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True
Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True
I've got a great big shovel and I'm dishing out the greatest apologetic arguments for the resurrection of Jesus. This time, I'm slinging the most jaw-dropping of arguments, one that launches the burden of proof like a mighty catapult into the other team's yard. 

3. Hey Nobody Said It WASN'T True.
If Jesus hadn't really risen from the dead, surely there would have been people around at that time who would have said so. After all, it's well known that the ancient world was full of Fact Checking Commandos that would have jumped upon any rabbi scribbling something incorrect, pinned him to the ground and cried "FALSE!" The fact that we have no records of this ever happening proves that Jesus must have risen from the dead 2-3 days after the crucifixion, depending on which Gospel you read, and then risen into the sky to be with his father on that same day (Luke 24:51), eight days later (John 20:26) or 40 days later (Acts 1:3). 

Look, the details aren't important. It definitely happened. Stop nit picking you heathen trash!

We know this because we have no writings of any skeptic who lived at that time who denied Jesus had risen from the dead.

[Image: ?url=upload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2F...ning_4.jpg]

Furthermore, we have no writings of any skeptic for the next thousand years or so who denied that Jesus had risen from the dead.

[Image: ?url=s.hswstatic.com%2Fgif%2Fspanish-inq...n-rack.jpg]

Even the writings of early critics of Christianity, like those of Celsus or Thallus, only come to us as they are preserved in the writings of early Christian apologists, who had quoted these scoffers for refutation. Obviously, the works of these skeptics were so inconsequential that no one thought them worthy of preservation. So we can assume they said nothing to refute the divinity and resurrection of Jesus. 

Now I know what some of you heathen trash are thinking, "Just because we don't have the writings of skeptics of Christianity doesn't mean they didn't exist." Well, allow me to shatter your faith by showing you that we have indeed preserved a written record of early skeptics who believed that Jesus wasn't a flesh-and-blood person:

The Wholly Babble Wrote:1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

So such things have been preserved, in the Bible itself. And yet the works of Celsus and Thallus are not mentioned in the Bible. Ah ha! 

Checkmate atheists!

...and let's see, here's another can. Where's my can opener? ...
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink

Messages In This Thread
Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by YahwehIsTheWay - November 30, 2018 at 7:57 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by Drich - December 4, 2018 at 12:48 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by DeistPaladin - December 4, 2018 at 2:44 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by Drich - December 4, 2018 at 2:56 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by DeistPaladin - December 4, 2018 at 3:47 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by Minimalist - December 4, 2018 at 12:51 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by Amarok - December 4, 2018 at 12:59 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by Drich - December 4, 2018 at 1:40 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by The Grand Nudger - December 4, 2018 at 1:01 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by Minimalist - December 4, 2018 at 1:48 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by Angrboda - December 5, 2018 at 11:13 am
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by The Grand Nudger - December 4, 2018 at 2:19 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by Drich - December 4, 2018 at 2:51 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by The Grand Nudger - December 4, 2018 at 2:53 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by Amarok - December 4, 2018 at 3:52 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by The Grand Nudger - December 4, 2018 at 4:06 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by Drich - December 5, 2018 at 4:11 pm
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True - by The Grand Nudger - December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It Wasn't Me ABQ505 22 2015 April 20, 2022 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2799 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  True Christianity Graufreud 53 4542 August 9, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  Hey Min, Get Ready To Have A Field Day Rhondazvous 46 8212 April 1, 2018 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Banned
  And God Said Minimalist 24 3497 October 20, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Hey Christards! Minimalist 30 4899 August 25, 2017 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3076 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  App for True Christians (TM) YahwehIsTheWay 1 689 April 29, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Proposed: A common definition for "True Christian" Gawdzilla Sama 45 5118 September 28, 2016 at 3:52 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Christianity Can't Be True Because... pipw1995 75 11573 August 31, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon