Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Serious] You should FEEL BAD because you disagree with me
You should FEEL BAD because you disagree with me
Suppose you're talking about some philosophical point. Maybe the definition of a word, or the quality of some piece of evidence. 

I can understand debating that more or less endlessly. People disagree, and this is good, because our thinking can only progress through discussion and dialectic. 

However, some people join those discussions solely trying to make other people feel bad. They type things without arguments, for the sole purpose of hurting someone else's feelings. 

I have never understood this.

For those on the receiving end: has this ever changed your mind? 

For those who do it: what is your goal?

Messages In This Thread
You should FEEL BAD because you disagree with me - by Belacqua - March 2, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how does it feel to be born in saudi arabia hourglass 7 569 October 7, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do I feel so awkward when someone refuses a present from me? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2180 March 30, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  i feel so angry and disapointed I believe in Harry Potter 34 3463 November 5, 2019 at 3:46 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  I feel kind of uncomfortable going to counseling Der/die AtheistIn 23 2201 April 11, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  I feel like my father is too severe Der/die AtheistIn 10 1082 November 7, 2018 at 1:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker