Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i feel so angry and disapointed
i feel so angry and disapointed
Hello guys, i had a chance today to open up about my beliefs related to religiousness , and i totally debunked all of the theistic beliefs of her with science and logic and in the end when saying to her that as a conclusion i dont believe in any religion she was like: Yeaaaah, but some of those religions might be true, or something like that and i get that what she was saying was something more like some of the Orthodox Christianity might be true, because that's my family's apparent religion as well as our country's established one, and even though she heard all these points she still didn't really see the ridiculousness but i mean maybe that's because she is literally fucking too young 14 years old. So i just didn't want her to blidnly follow , our School tutoring includes both evolution science , thermodynamics , physics etc but teachers objectivelly teach both sides even though religion isn't made out as necessarily true , but i guess that can sometimes be up to the tutor, but generally people seem to can't think different than their parent's , usually that's the case for everyone that i have met in my life, i only met a few atheists that where also really lonely the most and usually were more straight forward with me , even with the things that i might not necessarily wanted to hear , personally i also wasn't really interested in most people , but i could feel related the most to some minority of people with certain ideologies, i always felt kinda freaked out when walking by a church or something, even people in my family would scare me sometimes with their religious protocols , recently i also tried to talk with my dad about religion but my dad agrees with me as long as i make a lot of money, my dad is one of those people that if you are rich everything you say is probably true, my mom never practices anything but calls herself religious , these people are really good at dismiss things contradictory to their religious belief, if i try to question my uncles anything about their theology they would say that there is something wrong with me and they might secretelly do some weird things while im sleeping or something.
My family also don't understands what homosexuality is, hell many of my religious school friends walways thought that there is no such thing as bisexuality or same sex interest or transgender possession, but if really pushed and confronted further they usually say that they think that these people are either sick or having an extreme mental illness thing that the only way to cure is by avoiding those individuals , and also all those same people think that you can't be born with a different sexuality and simply don't understand it because they haven't been born out of the standard of sexuality that they think is okay, also in my country people think that if you get any close to a gay person you can be in danger or something , i don't know most of my the people i've known seem to think that if you as a male become friends with a gay person there is basically no true frienship but that gay person looking to harm or rape them. Anyway i don't want to talk about my bullying experience for my looks being perceived by the reliigous right wing bullies of my school as too feminine. All i can say is i had a hard time in my school years but not all memory is wanted and i want to forget , what a better way to keep having these negative memories than keep talking about them to prove a point, anyway after years of therapy i just hope this was convincing enough that this kind of behavior isn't accepted or at least recognise how lucky you are for living in a more advanced country, there is a big difference from what looks like the case to what is actually happening inside a country behind all the media and stereotypes,look i know we are the nation where democracy begin but growing up in Greece i can tell you it's far from what people think, people might believe that our country isn't really shit because we are part of Europe since 2000.
Has any of you had any experience with bullying by the way?

now i distinguish the kinds of people i need to avoid and in this goverment it's really everyone, unless if i move out in another country
RE: i feel so angry and disapointed
Paragraphs would make this easier to read. :-)

All i can say is we got to see the bigger picture and speaking about the bigger picture, i hope there is nothing wrong with my post this time, lol i had quite a history of my posts violating some trivial boundaries of the rules but i think we should be okay this time, i mean it includes a fair amount of negativity and anger i hope this isn't bad, but i don't really expect people to read with feeling more optimistic afterwards lol , drama sucks it is what it is though
yeah i know sorry, i couldn't form any paragraphs this time i just wanted to release all those feelings that went random on my mind. lol

There are sooooo many things related to this topic that i want to say, im really pationate about it.
I don't know what to do with that rambling screed, other than to point out that you've been a part of Europe a helluva lot longer than since 2000.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
So you're angry and disappointed and hurt because of bullying by select people at school who happen to be right-wingers, and how these bullies treated you was shameful and disgusting. But trying to convince your family to stop following their religion/faith isn't how you heal from these traumatic memories.
What? Oh wow thanks for enlightening me kiddo
I thought trying to convince my family to stop following their religion/faith would heal me from these traumatic memories.

What are you talking about?
If you didn't say it the way I interpreted it, my bad. So it's more that they came up to you and asked you about your lack of belief and you responded in kind rather than you straight out (and unprompted) debunking their faith out of the sheer motivation to direct them away from the faith?

For the record, there's a good possibility I might be older than you (unless the age gap between you and your sister is huger than I'm suspecting). Either way, please don't refer to me as "kiddo" again.
No i actually took a lot of time to think about what im going to say when it comes to my little sister, and then im sure it all sounded unprompted. Nobody came up to me , i actually went up to them because i had enough of all of these that they were doing, i don't give a shit about the way you interpret it, there was context to it

At least i made an effort. It is something and at least i expressed my thoughts, now if my brother and sister grow up and change it's up to theirs, but for the most part im not a person that opens up that easily because im trained to be careful of always opening up because in this place things can really stand out and get criticism
(November 3, 2019 at 9:11 am)I believe in Harry Potter Wrote: No i actually took a lot of time to think about what im going to say when it comes to my little sister, and then im sure it all sounded unprompted. Nobody came up to me , i actually went up to them because i had enough of all of these that they were doing, i don't give a shit about the way you interpret it, there was context to it

What exactly are they doing that's bothering you? Your family seem very chill about this whole religion thing anyway (according to your OP). I come from an Orthodox family as well. I know what it's like to be raised in a culture that's Orthodox. It's no big deal. If they're bugging you and trying to force you to believe, then fine, but otherwise why is it a big deal?

FTR, I've also been bullied during my younger years. Kids can be assholes whether they are brought up in a religious family or not.
In fact the bullying happened because they thought i was gay

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how does it feel to be born in saudi arabia hourglass 7 569 October 7, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do I feel so awkward when someone refuses a present from me? Der/die AtheistIn 21 2174 March 30, 2020 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  I feel kind of uncomfortable going to counseling Der/die AtheistIn 23 2199 April 11, 2019 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  [Serious] You should FEEL BAD because you disagree with me Belacqua 29 2812 March 14, 2019 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  I feel like my father is too severe Der/die AtheistIn 10 1080 November 7, 2018 at 1:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker