Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Science Trivia Questions to Get You Thinking
5 Science Trivia Questions to Get You Thinking
1. How can the universe be 93 billion light years in diameter when the big bang was only 13 billion years ago? Can dark energy cause regular matter to move faster than the speed of light?
2. In relation to the orbit of the sun around the center of the galaxy, is the orbit of the Earth around the sun perpendicular or parallel?
3. Do all the planets orbit the sun on the same p lane, i.e., around the equator of the sun at the same angle
4. Why if it we can’t drink sea water, but we can eat sea salt??
5. According to one website, dark energy is made of neutrinos. If we know what it's made of why do we still call it dark?

Happy thinking!
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.

Messages In This Thread
5 Science Trivia Questions to Get You Thinking - by Rhondazvous - May 10, 2020 at 7:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you get migraines? Losty 22 2354 May 8, 2019 at 11:14 am
Last Post: AgnosAtheis
  Is there a term for this? Quick thinking in a crisis. Gawdzilla Sama 14 1929 September 27, 2017 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Do you even science?!?! Jacob(smooth) 12 2391 March 2, 2015 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Thinking, Fast and Slow FreeTony 7 1744 March 27, 2014 at 8:23 am
Last Post: tor
  Supergiant is gonna get you frankiej 8 2178 February 3, 2012 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  100 Most Important Questions Facing Plant Science Research thesummerqueen 10 7331 September 9, 2011 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The science behind why people reject science Kaptinjoo 6 2748 April 27, 2011 at 2:49 am
Last Post: Minimalist